四川省泸州市泸化中学 2016-2017 学年高一英语上学期第二次月考试题
第一部分 听力（共两节，满分 30 分） 第一节（共 5 个小题：每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 1. What is the man’s new place like? A. It’s a new apartment B. It’s a small apartment C. It’s farther from his office 2. Where are the two speakers most probably? A. In a zoo B. In a gym C. In a theater
3. When may Peter arrive? A. At 9:45 B. At 9:15 C. At 8:45
4. What does the woman mean? A. The president is always late B. The president won’t come C. The president will come on time 5. What was the weather like in the afternoon? A. It was sunny 第二节 听第 6 段材料，回答 6—7 题 6. What can the woman see on the way? A. A large restaurant B. A large bank C. A large bookstore B. It was rainy C. It was windy
7. Why will the woman go to the gym? A. To meet a friend B. To play basketball C. To watch a game
听第 7 段材料，回答 8—10 题 8. What does the man like about the café? A. Its music B. Its coffee C. Its environment
9. What is the woman’s attitude towards the man’s idea? A. She agrees B. She is not sure C. She doesn’t agree
10. What will the man order?
A. A large black coffee B. A large white coffee C. a medium white coffee 听第 8 段材料，回答 11—13 题 11. What do they want to do t onight? A. Watch a show B. Play computer games C. Go to the movies 12. What does Jane think of their teacher? A. He is active B. He is too strict C. He is boring
13. When does the conversation take place? A. Early in the morning B. Late in the afternoon C. In the evening 听第 9 段材料，回答 14—16 题 14. When did the accident happen according to the man? A. At 7:20 a.m. today B. At 7:20 p.m. today C. At 7:20 a.m. yesterday
15. What was the girl doing when the accide nt happened? A. She was talkin g on the phone B. She was listening to something C. She was playing with her friends 16. Who is probably the woman? A. A doctor B. A policewoman C. A driver
听第 10 段材料，回答 17—20 题 17. How old is the Tyne Bridge? A. Seventy-seven B. Eighty C. Eighty-eight
18. What did Earl Grey do for the British people? A. He introduced a type of tea B. He built a landmark C. He taught them Chinese
19. Which is NOT mentioned about the Central Arcade? A. Music stores B. Post offices C. Clothes shops
20. What should visitors do before they go to Newcastle? A. Buy a map B. Find a travel agency C. Learn some local languages
第二部分阅读理解 （共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节 （共 15 小题;每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） A Bill Gates is spending a lot of money improving education. His question: What makes a great teacher? You can help! What do YOU think makes a great teacher? Kara class. ” Benjamin “A great teacher listens to every student and says that there is no stupid “A great teacher has to be slow to anger and quick to praise his kids in the
answer. They make the class interesting and ask for opinions.” TJ “I think a great teacher is someone who loves the subject he is teaching, whether
it’s biology or chemistry. Great teachers get excited to go to school and share their knowledge.” Alexis “A great teacher is someone who has enthusiasm for teaching. My 1st grade
teacher taught as long as she could until cancer took her. She took the time to teach us all and to make sure none of u s were left behind. She loved to teach and she loved every single one of us.” Dorothy “A great teacher will push you beyond what you think your limits (极限) are,
and encourage you to go further. A great teacher will be proud of your efforts even if you fail.” Carolyn “A great teacher is one who is willing to teach even when the school has The school I graduated from is such a school. All the
no money to pay them to do so.
teachers went several months without pay because they believed God had called them to teach at this school. “ 21. Alexis’s teacher stopped teaching because _____. A. she was badly ill B. the students were left behind
C. the pay was too low
D. she found another job
22. Who thinks a great teacher will praise your hard work though you don’t succeed? A. Kara. B. TJ. C. Dorothy. D. Dawn.
23. Carolyn thinks her teachers were great because they _____. A. were patient with students B. were willing to teach without pay C. made their classes fun D. encouraged students a lot 24. Which would be the best title for the text? A. Different teaching m ethods C. Bill Gates gives money to education B Two children stood outside the door with old coats. “Any old papers, Lady?” asked one of them. I was busy. I wanted to say no, but I saw that their shoes were broken and wet. “Come in and I’ll make you a cup of hot tea.” They came in, saying nothing. Their shoes left snow on the floor. I gave them tea and bread to protect them against（抵御） the cold outside. Then I went back to the kitchen and started my housework again. The silence in the front room surprised me. I looked in. The girl held the empty cup in her hands, looking at it. The boy asked me in a low voice, “Lady…are you rich?” Am I rich? Oh, no! I looked at my old things in my room. The girl put her cup back in its saucer(茶碟) carefully. “Your cups match(相配) your saucers.” They left then, holding their papers against the wind. They hadn’t said thank you. They didn’t need to. They had done mor e than that. The blue cups and saucers were simple. But they said that they matched. The potatoes and meat before me, a roof over our heads. my husband with a job—these things matched, too. I moved the chairs back from the fire and cleaned the living room. The prints(印迹) of their small shoes were still wet on my floor. I let them be. I wanted them there to make me think of how rich I was. B. Great teachers in history D. What makes a great teacher?
25. The writer let the two children in _________. A. to offer them some warm clothes C. to sell them some old papers B. to serve them tea and food D. to show them how rich she was.
26. We can learn from the passage that_______. A. the writer was in fact not very rich B. the children took away many old papers C. the writer’s husband was out of work D. the two children were looking for a job 27. It can be inferred from the passage that _______. A. it was snowing outside when the story happened B. the two children thanked the writer and then left C. the two children were not polite to the writer D. the writer had a set of new furniture in her house 28. The underlined sentence “I let them be” means “_________”. A. I dislike them C. I cleaned them B. I didn’t want to see them D. I left them there C You may feel curious(好奇的) about students in other countries: Do they also have so much homework? What do they do in their free time? On April 8, a report came out on the life of high school students in China, Japan, South Korea and the US. It surveyed around 6,200 students from the four countries last year. You will find the answers to many of your questions in this report. Who studies hardest? Chinese students spend the most time studying. Nearly half of Chinese students spend more than two hours on their homework every day. That’s much more than students of the US(26.4%), Japan(8.2%) and South Korea(5.2%). Who sleeps most often in class? Japanese students fall asleep in class most often. About 45% of them said they sometimes doze off(打瞌睡) in class. In South Korea it’s 32%; in the US, 21%; and 5% in China. South Korean students don't like taking notes. About 70% said they write down what the teacher says in class, many fewer than in Japan(93%), China(90%) and the US (89%). Who is the most distracted(分心的)?
American students are the most active in class, but also the most distracted: 64.2% said they talk with friends in class; 46.9% said they eat snacks in class; and 38.9% said they send e-mails or read unrelated(无关的) books in class. What do they do after school? In their free time, most Chinese students study or surf the Internet. Most American students go out with their friends. Most Japanese students do physical exercises. Most South Korean students watch TV. 29. In the report, who studies hardest? A. Japanese students. C. American students. B. South Korean students. D. Chinese students.
30. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage? A. 38.9% American students talk with friends in class. B. Most Chinese students do physical exercises after class. C. 93% Japanese students like taking notes in class. D. South Korean students fall asleep in class most often. 31. What is the article about? A. It tells us that American students don't like studying. B. It is a report about the students' lessons in four countries. C. It is a story about students' sports after cl ass. D. It is an article about the students' study and life in four countries. D Popular breakfast foods in the United States, as in many other countries around the world, include coffee, milk, juice, eggs and bread. Some other breakfast items served in the United States are thought by many to be traditionally American. However, they actually come from other countries. A very popular breakfast food in America is the pancake---a thin, flat cake made out of flour and often served with maple syrup. The idea of the pancake is very old. In fact, pancakes were made long ago in ancient China. Bagels, a round thick bread with a hole in the middle, are also popular for breakfast in America. Polish people in the late 1600s came up with the idea for the first bagels and
this new kind of bread soon took off across Eastern Europe. In the late 1800s, thousands of Jews from Eastern Europe traveled to the United States and brought the recipe for bagels with them. Today, New York bagels are said to be the best in the world. Many people have them with cream cheese for breakfast on the go. Doughnuts (usually spelled "donut" in the United States) came from France. They were served to American soldiers in France during World War Ⅰ(一战). After the war, American soldiers asked cooks in the United States to make doughnuts for them. Now, served with coffee, they are a very popular breakfast food across the United States. 32. This reading is mainly about _______. A. famous places in the United States to eat breakfast B. popular American breakfast foods coming from China C. the most popular types of pancakes in the United States D. the history of popular breakfast foods in the United States 33. Who brought bagels to America? A. Polish people. C. Chinese people B. Jewish people. D. American soldiers.
34. Which of the following is true about doughnuts? A. It was first made by the French. B. The soldiers invented them in World WarⅠ. C. Only soldiers eat them in the Untied States. D. It is round with a hole in the middle. 35. This passage tells us that ________. A. the Americans like to eat sweet foods for breakfast B. all American foods come from other countries C. not all American foods are really American D. very few Americans have breakfast every day
第二节（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。 Kids' health: Four steps for fighting stress（压力）
Everybody gets stressed at times.
Some ways of dealing with stress –like
screaming(尖叫) or hitting someone 一 don't solve much. But other ways, like talking to someone you trust, can lead you to solving your problem or at least feeling better. Try taking these four steps the next time you are stressed: (1) Get support. When you need help, reach out to the people who care about you. Talk to “trusted adult, such as “parent or other relatives. similar 37 They might have had
problems, such as dealing with a test, or the death of a beloved pet.
(2) Don't take it out on(把气出在…上) yourself. Sometimes when kids are stressed and upset they take it out on themselves. Oh, dear, that's not a good idea. Remember that there are always people to help you. Don't take it out on yourself. 38
(3) Try to solve the problem. After you're calm and you have support from adults and friends, it's time to get down to business. you can solve a piece of it. (4) Be positive. Most stress is temporary( 暂 时 的 ).Remember stress does go away, especially when you figure out the problem and start working on solving it. These steps aren't magic, but they do work. And if you can stay positive as you make your way through a tough time, you'll help yourself feel better even faster. 40 39 Even if you can't solve it all,
A. Ask for a helping hand to get you through the hard situation. B. Notice your friends' feelings and find a way to help them. C. Different people feel stress in different ways D. Ah, it feels so good when the stress is gone. E. You need to find out what the problem is. F. And don't forget about your friends. G. Then, find a way to calm down。
第三部分英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） My neighbour’s children love playing hide-and-seek as all children do. However, no one imagined that a 41 they played last week would be reported in the local newspaper.
One afternoon, they were
in the vacant plot down by the corner. Young Paul, who 43 . His sister Natalie, had 44
is only five years old, found the perfect place to her eyes and was counting to ten when Paul the metal door was standing and had carried 45
the mail box at the corner and saw that 47 several bags of mail 49
46 . The mailman had just taken
48 to his truck which was stand ing a few feet away. Paul climbed
the mail box and pulled the door closed so hard that it he became 51
50 . Soon realizing what he done, 52 but
and started crying. At that time. Natalie was looking for him 53 that she happened to stand at the 54 55
couldn’t find him. It was
for a minute and
heard her brother’s cries. She 56
ran to tell the mailman who hurried back from his , but he had such a bad fright that he 59 again.
to unlock the metal door. Paul was now 57
could not stop crying. The mailman, He told him that the a stamp on himself. 60
58 , soon found a way of making him
time he wanted to hide in a mail box, he should remember to put
41. A. joke 42. A. guessing 43. A. settle 44. A. shut 45. A noticed 46. A. open 47. A. on 48. A. him 49. A. into 50. A. rolled 51. A. encouraged 52. A. everywhere 53. A. lucky 54. A. gate 55. A. silently 56. A.car 57. A. equal 58. A. therefore 59. A scream 60. A. first
B. game B. playing B. circle B. opened B. watched B. locked B. off B. them B. up B. broke B. surprised B. nowhere B. unlucky B. corner
C. trick C. advancing C. hide C. washed C. threw C quiet C. in C. this C. down C. locked C. frightened C. somewhere C. likely C. office
D. competition D. cooking D. cover D. wiped D. fell D. silent D. out D. it D. through D. opened D. satisfied D. anywhere D. unlikely D. station D. slowly D. bicycle D. dangerous D. moreover D. laugh D. last
B. fortunately C. immediately B. truck B. healthy B. however B. shout B. next C. train C. free C. although C. cry C. third
第 II 卷（非选择题 共 50 分） 第三部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第二节语法填空（共 10 小题：每小题 1.5 分,满分 15 分) 阅读下面材料,在空白处填入适当的内容（1 个单词）或括号内单词的正确形式。 My friend Henry and I always walk home together after school, for we live in the same block and both of 61.________ (we) go in for football. One afternoon on our way home, we were about to say goodbye to each other 62.________we heard a loud shout behind us. As we looked around to see what 63._________( happen), we found a middle-aged woman 64._________ (lie) on the ground, bleeding. We realized that she had been knocked down by 65.__________black car in front of her. We hurried to help her, but a man with dark 66.__________ (glass) came over and tried to prevent Henry and me from getting 67.__________(close) to the wounded woman. So we got very angry with him. How could he stop us from helping a dying woman? The man asked us to turn around and we were surprised 68.__________ (see) a man carrying a video camera 69._________ the shoulder. They 70.___________ (make) a film at that time.
第四部分 写作（共两节,满分 35 分） 第一节：短文改错（共 10 小题,每小题 1 分,满分 10 分） 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文,请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。文中共有 10 处 语言错误,每句中最多有两处。每处错误仅涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加:在缺词处加一个漏字符号（^）,并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除:把多佘的词用斜线(\)划掉。 修改:在错的词下划一横线,并在该词下面写出修改后的词. 注意: 1.每处错误及其修改均仅限一词；
2.只允许修改 10 处,多者（从第 11 处起）不计分。
Dear Peter, I’m writing to ask you for some advices. Babara and me are getting very worried about Tom. He has been staying out very late at night or is always so tired to do well in school. He wouldn’t listen anything we say. We have tried not to give him pocket money, and it doesn’t do any good. I’m afraid he is sure of that we are just trying to make him do what we want to prove we are strongly, but the fact is that we were worried about his future. I know you and Kate can helping me. Any advice would be very welcome.
第二节 书面表达 (满分 25 分) 假如你是李萍，你笔友王林来信询问你关于如何交友的问题。请根据以下要点提示结合自身实际， 给他写封 100 词左右的回信。 要点提示：1 交友的重要性。 2 如何交友（提两点建议） 3 什么是真正的朋友。
课改 2016 级英语月考试题(2016 年 11 月 25 日) 听力 1—10 CAACB ACCBA 11—20 ACBAB BCABC 阅读 21—30 ACBDB AADDC 31—35 DDBAC 36—40 CFAED 完型 41—50 BBCAA ADBAC 51—60 CAABC BCBDB 语法填空 61. us 62. when 63. had happened 64. lying 65. the 66. glasses 67. closer 68. to see 69. on 70. were making 改错 Dear Peter, I’m writing to ask you for some advice. Babara and I are getting very worried about Tom. He has been staying out very late at night and is always too tired to do well in school. He wouldn’t listen to anything we say. We have tried not to give him pocket money, but it doesn’t do any good. I’m afraid he is sure (of 去掉) that we are just trying to make him do what we want to prove we are strong, but the fact is that we are worried about his future. I know you and Kate can help me. Any advice would be very welcome.