2012 高考最后五天冲刺黄金卷：英语 3
第一部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分） 第一节 单项填空（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 1. –I wonder if I could read your new novel. –No problem, the moment I _______ it. A. write A. fixed B. wrote B. built C. will write C. made D. have written D. painted 2. The door may fall down any time. We will have it_______. 3. –Do you remember the experiment we did together many years ago? –Yes, _______ we did it yesterday. A. as if B. even if C. only if D. if only 4. –Any danger for the patient _______ on by Dr. Smith? –Hard to say. Doctors are trying their best. A. to operate career. A. an 20 years. A. looked up A. that A. won’t come come 9. –Do you want to study in the famous research institute? –Of course, anyone that _______ be chosen may be lucky. A. should B. could C. must D. may 10. The pictures always remind me of those unforgettable memories _______ we had a lot of fun together in our childhood. A. what A. Really? B. when B. What for? C. that –_______ D. That’s OK. D. where 11. –Sorry for knocking down your cup of tea. B. picked out B. when C. took up C. what D. brought out D. as D. don’t 7. Such a film has had a positive effect on children, _______ parents expect. 8. Get to the point, or we _______ to a real agreement. B. haven’t come C. weren’t coming B. a C. the D. 不填 6. Among so many people at the party, I _______ John, one of my classmates after B. being operated C. to be operated D. operating 5. Going to college is not the end, but just _______ important step to your future
C. Don’t do that again.
12. –Do you still remember the day in the small forest? –Sure. It was on the day _______ we celebrated your birthday. A. when practical way. A. designed B. is designed C. designs D. is designing B. on which C. that D. which 13. It is said that some software on learning subjects for pupils _______ in a very
14. The weather here in spring is much similar to _______ in my hometown. A. one B. it C. that D. this 15. –Look! The famous hotel is under decoration! –Yeah, and it is promising to be _______ after that. A. beautiful beautiful 第二节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） One day, three people suddenly appeared in a store, taking food off the shelves as fast as they could, obviously not planning to pay for it. The shop owner the “panic button” and then went over the counter and was 18 anywhere with their ill-gotten gains. They together – knowing the 20 were on the way. Imagine what they must have if they were that plan on 25 21 , when they were told they didn’t have to steal, 24 still safe to eat, that we 27 , then asked to clear 29 and the police were no 22 , instead of being driven out or told they were headed for 17 16 the front door. It B. more beautiful C. most beautiful D. much
that they were homeless, and equally obvious that they weren’t going 19 the loot (赃物) and simply stood
23 . “We have food in the back, expired (过期) They were told to 26
to a homeless shelter. If you need food, you can have some.” what they had dropped and put it
up the mess they’d made of the store. They were doing just that when the police 28 . The officers were told the situation was under longer 30 . 31 . They were being treated as human beings who had 32 the wrong they’d done. 33 , because they This wasn’t what they had
done something wrong but could
knew that the homeless were never welcome to use “public restrooms” in private businesses, they quickly followed orders to take turns and use the restroom to clean up. Soon three 34 people, standing just a bit taller than before when they came in, 35 out with all the food their arms could hold. They were reminded that, if they needed to come back again, they were to ask and not just grab. 16. A. saw found 17. A. opened locked 18. A. obvious manageable 19. A. threw 20. A. police 21. A. forced 22. A. excited 23. A. home B. dropped B. officials B. understood B. tired B. office
B. fixed B. closed B. unclear
C. hit C. left C. doubtful C. took C. assistants C. felt C. hungry C. shop
D. D. D. D. crashed D. workers D. delayed D. thirsty D. prison
24. A. or 25. A. giving losing 26. A. shut up 27. A. ahead 28. A. reached started 29. A. control requirement 30. A. useful comfortable 31. A. loved 32. A. change enlarge 33. A. Shocked Misunderstood 34. A. stranger 35. A. ran
B. but B. moving B. cut up B. away B. arrived B. discussion B. enjoyable B. planned B. correct B. Punished B. cleaner B. rushed
C. and C. coming C. give up C. down C. stopped C. development C. necessary C. found C. hide C. Worried C. poorer C. moved
D. so D. D. make up D. back D. D. D. D. expected D. D. D. richer D. walked
第二部分 阅读理解（共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项 A When I was a girl of 16, I met a common boy who would make jokes at you and then you would run after him and his guys and beat them up （打闹） . After that first meeting, we kept on meeting and beating each other up at the fence. We would meet at the fence all the time and we were always together. I would tell him all my secrets. I found him easy to talk to and I could talk to him about everything. In school we had separate friends. One day I told him that a guy I liked hurt me and broke my heart. He just comforted me and said everything would be okay. He gave me words of encouragement and helped me get over him. I was happy and thought of him as a real friend. But I knew that there was something else about him that I liked. I thought of it that night and figured it was just a kind of friend that I was feeling. All through high school and even through graduation we’re always together and of course I thought of it as being friends. But I knew deep inside that I really felt it differently. On graduation night even though we had different dates to the dance I wanted to be with him. That night after everybody went home, I went to his house and wanted to tell him that I wanted to see him. Well, that night was my big chance and all I did was just sit there with him watching the stars and talking about what I was going to do and what he was going to do. I looked into his eyes and listened to him talk about what his dream was, and how he wanted to get married and settle down. He said
用心 爱心 专心 3
how he wanted to be rich and successful. All I could do was to tell him my dream and sit next to him. I went home hurting because I didn’t tell him how I was feeling. 36. The first sentence in Paragraph 1 describes a kind of A. normal but . B. understanding others D. comforting others . C. excitement . D. B. special C. dangerous relationship. D. harmful
37. From the Paragraph 2, we can learn the following are boy’s advantages A. communicating with others C. giving girls better impression 38. The author tells the story in a way of A. anger anxiety 39. The author felt hurt on graduation night because A. they would have no opportunity to meet again feeling C. the boy did understand her study B Choosing the right university for you is a big decision with many factors to consider. The institution that you choose will not only be the one that ensures your academic goals, but it will also be where you will live, learn, play sports, socialize and work for several years. Therefore, before you start filling out those university application forms, take a step back and consider the many variables that affect the “fit” of a university to your unique personality and educational goals. Take a look at the following factors, and decide which ones mean the most to you. Consider your educational goals. You will discover that different schools are more recognized or progressive in your chosen field of study than others. For this reason, talk to advisors, professionals in your field, or go to clubs organized by the alumni（校友）. When you check out school ranking for your major, you may find that your first choice is not really a match, while another fits perfectly. Consider costs. It will be no surprise to you at this point that not all schools cost the same. Some of the more famous schools are so because they are difficult to get into and difficult to pay for. Don’t let this necessarily stop you. Just keep this consideration in mind as you narrow your list of potential schools. Choosing a university should not be done only on reputation, but also take the academic programs and overall environment into consideration. Be aware that reputations are sometimes out of date or overstated, so first-hand experience is often beneficial. Once you’ve identified the factors that are most important to you, you’ve taken the first steps towards making a successful choice. Make sure you pick a university that will serve your needs throughout your university career.
用心 爱心 专心 4
B. she failed to express her true D. she got poor grades in her
40. The passage is written for A. college students C. people out of jobs A. overall environment C. first-hand experience A. costs you a little your needs
. B. high school students D. people looking for jobs .
41. In the Paragraph 4, the writer advises you not to stress on B. the academic programs D. a university’s reputation . C. is well known D. B. is well equipped
42. It’s better to choose a university which
43. What does the passage mainly talk about? A. Qualities of a good university. C. Advice on choosing a university. C British scientists may have discovered the reason why red wine appears to protect the heart. They say natural chemicals found in red wine appear to protect against blocked blood vessels （血管） . The chemical substances are called poly-phenols （多酚）. They come from the outer covering of grapes. They are not present in other alcoholic drinks. Researchers say their discovery explains why many people in southern Europe can eat fatty foods and still have a low risk of heart disease. People in France, for example, have lower rates of heart disease than Americans do. Yet the traditional French diet includes butter, cheese and other foods high in cholesterol（胆固醇）. This led the British scientists to examine another important part of the French diet — red wine. Several earlier studies have suggested that people who drink proper amounts of alcohol may reduce their risk of heart disease. The British team experimented with cells from the blood vessels of cows. The scientists studied the effects of twenty-three kinds of red wine on the cow cells. They found that poly-phenols from all of the red wines stopped production of a protein called endothelin（内皮素）. This protein causes blood vessels to become smaller. Scientists believe endothelin is linked to hardening of the blood vessels, which is a cause of heart disease. The scientists found that the decrease in endothelin levels was linked to the amount of poly-phenols in the wines. The British team performed similar experiments with two other kinds of wine, white and rose. These wines contain little or no poly-phenols because the grape skins are removed before the wine is made. White and rose wines had no effect on endothelin levels. The scientists also studied the effect of non-alcoholic juice made from red grapes. They found that grape juice slowed the production of endothelin, but was much less effective than the red wines. 44. So far as grapes are concerned,
B. Ways to achieve your goals. D. Factors influencing your choice.
is more effective on reducing the risk
of heart disease. A. the outer part of grapes C. the seeds of grapes A. Traditional French diet. B. Lower risk of heart disease of the French. C. The reason why people drink wine. D. Poly-phenols not existing in other things. 46. From this passage, we may know people’s health is linked to A. diet habits C. their education A. A Healthy Diet C. Red Wine and Health D Camels are large animals living in dry areas. There are two species of camels: the Arabian camel with a single hump from the dry desert areas of West Asia, and the Bactrian camel with two humps from Central and East Asia. Camels are over 7 feet tall and weigh over 1,600 pounds. They will live up to 40 to 50 years. Most camels are domesticated（驯化）and fed by people. Camels are plant-eaters. Camels are very strong animals with wide, padded feet. They have thick leathery pads on their knees and chest. Camels have nostrils （鼻孔） that can open and close, protecting them from the desert environment. Bushy eyebrows and two rows of long eyelashes protect their eyes from sand. Their mouth is extremely tough, allowing camels to eat thorny （带刺的） desert plants. Their widened feet help them move without sinking into the sand. Their thick coats reflect sunlight, and also protect them from the intense heat from desert sand. Their long legs help by keeping them further from the hot ground. Camels can go without food and water for 3 to 4 days. They do not store water in their humps as is commonly believed. The humps are actually a container of fat. Camels are incredibly（难以置信）well-adapted to their environment. When conditions heat up, camels can increase their own body temperature, which prevents sweating and therefore water loss. They may not sweat at all during the day. Camels are sometimes called “ships of the desert” because people ride them around the hot, dry deserts of the world. However, the number of camels is becoming smaller for various reasons. 48. According to the passage, camels usually live in A. Asia B. Africa . B. camels are clever animals
爱心 专心 6
B. the inner part of grapes D. the juice in grapes
45. What made the British scientists study another important part of the French diet?
B. their genes D. living surroundings B. Protecting Your Heart D. A Study on Health
47. What’s the best title for this passage?
. D. Australia
49. Paragraph 2 is mainly about A. camels are useful animals
C. camels’ body structure and function habits
D. camels’ characteristics and . their
50. The reason why camels lose little water in deserts is that they A. get water from green foods temperature C. store enough water in the humps A. Ways to protect camels. C. Reasons for raising camels. E B. can adjust
D. can manage without water B. Habitats of camels. D. Functions of camels.
51. What will the author probably talk about following the last paragraph?
There are some differences in replying to compliment between Chinese and Americans. Americans tend to accept the compliment while Chinese generally murmur（低语）some reply about not being worthy of the praise. Here are two examples. A young Chinese woman in the U.S. was complimented for the lovely dress that she was wearing. “It’s graceful. The colors are so beautiful!” She was pleased but somewhat embarrassed. In typical Chinese fashion, she replied, “Oh, it’s just an ordinary dress that I bought in China.” At a reception in an American college, a newly-arrived Chinese scholar was chatting with the hostess, who was an old friend. As an acquaintance（熟人）of hers came up, she said, “Ron, let me introduce Mr. Chen, an outstanding physicist and one of the nicest people I know.” Mr. Chen offered his hand to the newcomer but looked at his hostess and said with a smile, “Should I feel ashamed, or should I tell him you don’t really mean it?” In both cases, the words of the Chinese conveyed a message quite different from what was intended. In the case of the Chinese woman, the reply could have meant that the one paying the compliment did not know what a really good dress is; otherwise, how could she get so excited about an ordinary dress? The implication（暗示）was that the American woman’s taste in clothing was questionable. In the second case, if Chen had not been smiling, he could have meant “You’re just saying that to be polite; you don’t really mean that.” So in one case, the person had poor judgment. In the other case, the hostess was not sincere. Quite a gap between intention and message! 52. Which word can best replace the underlined word compliment in Paragraph 1? A. praise blame 53. Two examples are given in the passage to A. amuse the readers C. support the author’s opinion 54. The following statements are true except A. both stories happened in the USA C. the dress was a beautiful one
C. explanation .
B. draw reader s’ attention D. arouse readers’ interest . B. Mr. Chen achieved achievements in physics D. Mr. Chen worked in the USA for long
爱心 专心 7
55. The passage mainly tells us A. Americans like to praise people C. culture varies in different countries other 第三部分：写作（共两节，满分 35 分）
. B. Chinese people are very modest D. people should respect each
第一节 短文改错(共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分) Traveling enables us to enjoy not only the beauty of nature but different cultures. Beside, it can also broaden ______________ our views and makes us feel relaxed. However, something ______________ unexpected may be happen! For example, the weather can ______________ be so changeable you can’t carry out your plan, or you may ______________ get hurting during the trip. To avoid bad luck, you should ______________ do all the necessary preparations before traveling. It is quite ______________ necessarily to find a traveling companion so that you can look ______________ after each other. It’s important of you to bring a cell phone. If ______________ you can prepare well before the trip, happiness and safe will ______________ keep you company all the way. Traveling is pleasant activity. ______________ 第二节 书面表达（满分 25 分） 假如你是新华中学学生会主席李华，学校安排你给即将到你校任教的外籍教师 Peter 推荐 (recommend)一名学生助手(assistant)。请根据以下要点给他写封推荐信： 欢迎 Peter 的到来，推荐韩梅为学生助手 韩梅的基本情况（17 岁，高二学生，学校十佳学生之一） 韩梅的优势（电脑技术、沟通能力、英语水平等） 注意：1.词数 100 左右；2.信的开头与结尾已经给出；3.可适当增加细节，以使行文连贯。 65. 64. 63. 62. 61. 60. 59. 58. 57. 56.
2012 高考最后五天冲刺黄金卷：英语 3 参考答案 一、单项填空（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分）
用心 爱心 专心 8
1~5 DAABA 16~20 CDABA 36~39 ACBB
6~10 BDABC 21~25 CCDBA 40~43 BDDC 44~47 ABAC
11~15 DCBCB 26~30 CDBAC 48~51 ACBA 31~35 DBABD 52~55 ACDC 58. 去掉 be 61. 正确 64. safe 改 为
二、完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 三、阅读理解（共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） 四、短文改错(共 10 小题，每小题 1 分，满分 10 分) 56. Beside 改为 Besides 59. changeable 后加 that 62. necessarily 改为 necessary safety 65. pleasant 前加 a 五、书面表达(A possible version)（满分 25 分） Dear Peter, I’m Li Hua, Chair of the Students’ Union of Xinhua Middle School. It’s great to hear that you are coming to teach in our school next semester. I was asked to write to you to recommend Han Mei, a Senior 2 student of 17, to be your assistant. Han Mei is a diligent girl, who can use the computer skillfully and has a gift for communicating with others. What’s more, she is one of the top ten students in our school, and her spoken English is extremely excellent. I’m sure she can be helpful in your work and life in China. If you have any questions about it, please contact me. Looking forward to your coming. Yours Sincerely, Li Hua 57. makes 改为 make 60. hurting 改为 hurt 63. of 改为 for