North America Central Africa
major sandstorm centers in China
Gansu and Western Inner Mongolia
Beijing and Northeast Inner Mongolia
Please look at these pictures. How beautiful they are!
But one day something happened .
What natural disaster it is ?
It is a sandstorm . It is very frightening .
bury The sand almost buries the house .
Inner Mongolia has many sandstorms
every year . It is far away from the sea , so it is
an inland region .
Look at the picture below .Complete the sentences using the correct form of these words .
bury frightening sandstorm
There has been a sandstorm . It has lasted for ten hours and was very frightening . The wind Was blowing the sand high around the houses , and some cars were almost completely buried by the sand .
The day before yesterday
Look at these pictures .Now work in pairs . Discuss the following statements and decide which statement is false .
Reading and vocabulary
Look up these words in a dictionary . Then match the words with their definition .
forecast 1. to ride a bicycle
2. someone who knows a lot about a particular subject expert 3. things that happen one after another , and have a result process 4. someone who lives in a particular town or country citizen 5. very small bits of dirt or earth , on the ground or in the air dust 6. to continue to live after a difficult or dangerous survive situation or event forcast 7. to say what will probably happen 8. everything that is happening at a particular time situation
1. Scientists have tried many ways to solve this problem and in China ,a mass campaign has been started to help solve it.
(1) Scientists have tried many ways to solve this problem.
(2) in China ,a mass campaign has been started to help solve it.
2. They are often so thick that you cannot see the sun，and the wind is sometimes strong enough to move sand dunes.沙尘暴经常是 非常混浊的以至于你看不见太阳，而且风 有时大得能够刮动沙丘。
(1) so...that…:意为“如此……以至于……”。常用 句型如下：so+ adj./adv. + that…
(2)enough 名前形副后 adj./adv. + enough enough + n.
Read again and try to find the answer to the question .
How many parts can this article be divided into ?
Part I (para 1) : major disaster in Asia- standstorm Part II (para2-5) : discription cause influence suggestion Part Ⅲ (para6): measures