1. (2012 全国 II) 100℃ is the temperature __________which water will boil. A. for B. at C. on D. of 2. (2012 安徽) You can change your job, you can move house, but friendship is meant to be __________life. A. of B. on C. to D. for 3. (2012 北京) Do you think this shirt is too tight __________the shoulders? A. at B. on C. to D. across 4. (2012 福建) China has been pushing the reform of public hospitals __________all its citizens. A. in charge of B. for the purpose of C. in honor of D. for the benefit of 5. (2012 福建) Nothing is so easy as __________parents to raise their expectations of their children too high. A. of B. to C. by D. for 6. (2012 陕西) An agreement seems to be impossible because the majority of the committee members are __________it. A. against B. for C. to D. with 7. (2012 辽宁) The Well Hotel stands in a quiet place __________the main road at the far end of the lake. A. to B. for C. off D. out 8. (2012 四川) This training program can give you a lift at work, __________increase your income by 40%. A. as well as B. so long as C. so much as D. as soon as 9. (2012 浙江) __________all the animals I’ve ever had, these two dogs are the most sensitive to the spoken word. A. From B. Of C. For D. With 10.（2011 全国 II）This shop will be closed for repairs __________further notice. A. with B. until C. for D. at 11.(2011 北京）With new technology, pictures of underwater valleys can be taken __________color. A. by B. for C. with D. in 12. (2011 上海) Graduation is a good time to thank those who have helped you __________the tough years. A. through B. up C. with D. from 13.(2011 湖北）When asked about their opinions about the schoolmaster, many teachers would prefer to see him step aside __________younger men. A. in terms of B. in need of C. in favor of D. in praise of 14.(2011 山东）I’m sorry I didn’t phone you, but I’ve been very busy __________the past couple of weeks. A. beyond B. with C. among D. over 15.（2011 安徽）Sometimes proper answers are not far to seek __________food safety problem. A. in B. to C. on D. after 16.（2011 浙江）I always wanted to do the job which I’d been trained __________. A. on B. for C. by D. of 17.（2011 四川）Nick, it’s good for you to read some books __________China before you start your trip there. A. in B. for C. of D. on 18.（2011 天津）He was a good student and scored __________average in most subjects. A. below B. of C. on D. above 19.（2011 重庆）Shirley, a real book lover, often brings home many books to read __________the library.
A. in B. for C. by D. from 20.（2011 江苏）We’d better discuss everything __________before we work out the plan. A. in detail B. in general C. on purpose D. on time 21.（2011 福建）__________good service, the restaurant offers different kinds of traditional Fujian dishes. A. Far from B. Apart from C.Instead of D.Regardless of 22.（2010 天津）My father warned me____________ going to the West Coast because it was crowded with tourists. A. by B. on C. for D. against 23.（2010 四川）Tired, Jim was fast asleep with his back ____________ a big tree. A. in B. below C. beside D. against 24.（2010 辽宁）I agree to his suggestion ____________the condition that he drops all charges. A. by B. in C. on D. to 25.（2010 北京）Would you mind not picking the flowers in the garden? They are ____________ everyone's enjoyment. A. in B. at C. for D. to 26.（2010 重庆）The dictionary is what I want, but I don’t have enough money ____________ me. A. by B. for C. in D. with 27.（2010 浙江）I guess we’ve already talked about this before but I’ll ask you again just ____________ . A.by nature B.in return C.in case D.by chance 28.（2010 上海）Sean has formed the habit of jogging ____________ the tree-lined avenue for two hours every day. A. between B. along C. below D. with 29. (2009 全国Ⅰ)34. Everybody was touched ____________words after they heard her moving story. A. beyond B. without C. of D. in 30. (2009 全国Ⅱ). Jenny nearly missed the flight ____________doing too much shopping. A. as a result of B. on top of C. in front of D. in need of 31. (2009 上海) Four Chinese models were ____________ the 14 people awarded prizes on Friday at the World Supermodel Competition. A. among B. between C. along D. beside 32. (2009 辽宁) Children need friends____________ their own age to play with. A. of B. for C. in D. at 33. (2009 江 苏 ) This special school accepts all disabled students, ____________educational level and background. A. according to B. regardless of C. in addition to D. in terms of 34. (2009 湖南) Most Americans would prefer to keep their problems ____________ themselves, and solve their problems ____________ themselves. A. to; by B. by; to C. for; to D. in; on 35. (2009 四川)A great person is always putting others’ interests ____________ his own. A. below B. above C. in D. on 36. (2009 重庆) Try on this red skirt; you will look great ____________ it. A. on B. by C. in D. for 37. (2009 陕西) He invited me to a dance after the show____________ Christmas Eve. A at B. on C. in D. by 38.(2008 全国) Let’s learn to use the problem we are facing ____________ a stepping stone to future success.
A. to B. for C. as D. by 39.(2008 全国Ⅱ)Modern equipment and no smoking are two of the things I like ____________ working here. A. with B. over C. at D. about 40.(2008 北京) If you really have to leave during the meeting, you’d better leave____________ the back door.? A. for B. by C. across D. out 41.(2008 天津) Many Chinese universities provide scholarships for students ____________ financial aid.? A. in favour of B. in honour of ? C. in face of D. in need of 42.(2008 安徽)Fred entered without knocking and，very out of breath, sank ____________ a chair.? A. on B. off C. into D. to 43. (2008 陕西) Elizabeth has already achieved success ____________ her wildest dreams. A. at B. beyond C. within D. upon
1. The bridge is 1000 meters ___________ length. A. with B. in C. at D. on 2. His father will be back from London _____________a few days. A. since B. in C. on D. after 3. —Has the train arrived? —No, it will be late ___________ half an hour. A. at B. for C. in D. by 4. Did you have trouble ____________ the post office? A. to have found B. with finding C. to find D. in finding 5. If you keep on, you’ll succeed ＿＿＿＿＿＿. A. in time B. at one time C. at the same time D. on time 6. The train leaves____________6：00 pm, so I have to be at the station____________5:40 pm at the latest. A. at; until B. for; after C. at; by D. before; round 7. ___________the gate and you’ll find the entrance_____________ the park_____________ the other side. A. Through；to；on B. Along；of；on C. Down；to at D. Up；of；by 8. One_____________ five will have the chance to join in the game. A. within B. among C. in D. from 9. — Do you go there ___________bus? —No, we go there ___________a train. A. in； on B. on； on C. by； in D. by； with 10. I made the coat ___________my own hands. It was made___________ hand, not with a machine. A. in； in B. in； with C. with； by D. with； with 11. The trees ___________ front of the house are ___________the charge of Mr. Li. A. in；in B. at；in C. in；by D. from；in 12. The old man died＿＿＿＿＿＿ cold ＿＿＿＿＿＿＿ a cold night. A. from；at B. of；in C. of；on D. for；during 13. My uncle lives___________ 116 Changhe Street. His room is ＿＿＿＿the sixth floor. A. at； on B. to； at C. on； in D. of； to 14. I don’t think you can work out the maths problem __________her help. A. since B. unless C. with D. without
15. He is running ___________the wind towards the station __________ Tom running ___________the right. A. down；and；on B. against；with；on C. for；with；in D. with；while；to 16. In Hangzhou Mr. Black was so struck ___________the beauty of nature that he stayed ___________another night. A. at；on B. with；at C. for；in D. by；for 17. — How long has the bookshop been in business? — ＿＿＿＿＿＿1987. A. After B. In C. From D. Since 18. We offered him our congratulations＿＿＿＿＿his passing the college entrance exams. A. at B. on C. for D. of 19. Guangdong lies ＿＿＿＿＿ the south of China and Fujian is___________ the east of it. Hainan is ___________the coast of the mainland. A. in；in；on B. in；on；off C. on；to；on D. in；to；away 20. The student, ___________whom all the teachers are pleased, is very strict ___________himself ___________ everything. A. to；with；in B. with；with；in C. with；at；with D. at；with；at 21. Look out ____________ the traffic when crossing the road. A. at B. of C. for D. with 22. ＿＿＿＿＿hearing the good news, they jumped with joy. A. For B. To C. On D. At 23. She is well-known＿＿＿＿her poems and she is also famous ____________an actress. A. for；for B. as；for C. for；as D. by；for 24. The railway was opened＿＿＿＿＿＿traffic＿＿＿＿＿＿＿ April 8, 2013. A. to；on B. to；in C. by；on D. for；on 25. The touch they had both kept in ＿＿＿many years broke. A. for B. on C. into D. with 26. The pianist began to play and the girl in red began to sing ＿＿＿＿the music. A. with B. along C. through D. to 27. He divided the sweets ___________the children who were divided ___________three groups. A. in；in B. into；into C. between；in D. among； into 28. Early ___________the morning of May 1, we started off＿＿＿the mountain village. A. in；for B. in；to C. on；／ D. on；for 29. Ted has been absent＿＿＿＿＿class for quite some time. A. for B. with C. of D. from
1. We’re looking forward to the holidays when we’ll be travelling ____________ camels ____________ the Sahara Desert. A. by; across B. by; through C. on; over D. on; through 2. ____________all kinds of difficulties，the workers have made rapid progress in the construction of the World Expo 2010 Shanghai. A.With B.For C.Under D.Beyond 3. Mike must be angry with me, for he walked ____________me without even saying hello. A.past B.on C.at D. over
4. “How could you lose so much money, Charlie?” asked his wife, eyeing her angrily from ____________the kitchen table. A.at B.across C.through D.on 5. John plays football __________, if not better than, David. A. as well B. as well as C. so well D. so well as 6. My pen friend and I keep in touch ____________ sending e-mails often. A. with B. by C. on D. of 7. This library was ranked ____________ one of the best libraries in the world ____________ honor of its contribution to the people. A. for, with B. as, for C. as, in D. with, to 8. The huge picture looks more beautiful ____________ the blue sky. A. to B. against C. over D. under 9. Young girls look beautiful, ____________ beautiful they wish to remain for lifelong. A. and B. or C. but D. so 10. I like Mr. Miner's speech; it was clear and ____________ the point. A. at B.on C.to D. of 11. The temperature has risen____________34 degrees centigrade. It is quite hot ____________May. A.at; to B.at; in C.to; on D.to; for 12. The average temperature in.Tibet has risen ____________ 0.32 degrees centigrade every decade since 1961, according to the China Meteorological Administration,. A.to B.at C.by D.in 13. The boy developed an amazing appetite ____________ western style food even after a short stay in France. A.to B.on C.with D.for 14.The large grassland, reaching out far away, looks extremely beautiful ____________ the blue and clean sky. A.with B.against C.through D.beyond 15. Many medical scientists are racing ____________ time to find a cure for H1N1 as soon as possible. A.on B.against C.for D.in 16.He played a trick ____________ Jessy and he had to apologize ____________ treating her ____________ a nice dinner. A. on; for; to B. in; by; to C. on; by; to D. on; by; with 17.We should talk about the things ____________the children’s understanding in a simple way. A.over B.beyond C.above D.under 18. Luckily, traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) is making a difference ____________ the H1N1 flu. A from B of C with D against 19. __________ all my homework unfinished, I am not allowed to go online to play games. A. To B. For C. With D. Without 20. ___________ Tom, I passed the English exam easily. A. Thanks to B. Because C. For D. Thank for 21. The little boy got punished ____________what he had done . A. because B. because of C. since D. as
1. B 表示温度，通常用 at。本句意为“100 摄氏度是水沸腾的温度。 ” 2. D for life 终生；终身。本句意为“你可以改变工作，可以搬家，但友谊却注定是终生的。 ” 3. D across 从一边到另一边。本句意为“你认为这件衬衫肩部太紧吗？” 4. D for the benefit of 为了??的利益。 本句意为 “为了所有公民的利益， 中国一直在推动公立医院的改革。 ” in charge of 负责；掌管；管理；for the purpose of 为了??目的；in honor of 为了向??表示敬意 5. D parents 为不定式 to raise 的逻辑主语，一般用 for 引出。本句意为“父母总是容易对孩子产生过高的期 望。 ” 6. A against 在本句中表示“反对” 。本句意为“因为委员会的大多数成员都反对，看起来不可能达成协议。 ” 7. C off 离开一段距离；远离。本句意为“威尔旅馆位于远离大路的湖的尽头。 ” 8. A as well as 也；又；还有；而且。本句意为“这个培训项目可以使你在工作中获得提升，同时让你的收 入提高 40%。 ” 9. B of 在本句中表示部分与整体的关系。 本句意为 “在我养过的所有动物中， 这两只狗是对说话最敏感的。 ” 10. B until 直到。本句意为“这家商店将停业维修，直到有进一步的通知”。 11. D in 在本题中表示在某方面。本句意为“利用新技术，可以给一些水下河谷拍彩色照片”。 12. A through 贯穿某段时间始终。本句意为“毕业是感谢那些在你困难时始终帮助你的人的好机会”。 13. C in favor of 支持；拥护；赞成。本句意为“当问到他们对学校校长的看法时，很多老师表示更愿意看到 他把机会让给年轻人”。in terms of 就??而论；在??方面；in need of 需要；in praise of 赞扬；表扬 14. D over 在本题中表示“在??期间”，相当于 during。本句意为“很抱歉我没有给过打电话，不过在过去 的两周里，我一直很忙”。 15. B 表示问题的答案、解决办法用介词 to。本题的难点在于 answers to food safety problem 被其他成分从 中隔开了。本句意为“有时对于食品安全问题的正确答案离我们并不远”。 16. B for 在本句中表示目的。 本句意为“我总是想做我被培练去做的工作”。 train sb. for a job 训练某人做某 项工作 17. D on 在本句中表示“关于”。本句意为“尼克，在你动身去中国旅游前，先读一些关于中国的书对你有好 处”。 18. D above average 超出平均水平。本句意为“他是个好学生，在大部分科目上分数都在平均水平以上”。on average 平均；below average 平均水平以下 19. D from 表示来源。本句意为“雪丽是个真正的图书爱好者，经常从图书馆里带很多书回家读”。 20. A in detail 详细地；具体地。本句意为“我们最好在制订计划之前详细地讨论一下”。in general 通常地； 一般来说；on purpose 故意地；on time 准时 21. B apart from 在本句中表示“除??外还有” ，相当于 as well as。本句意为“除了良好的服务外，这家 餐馆还提供各类传统福建菜” 。 注意 apart from 还可表示 “除??外” ， 相当于 except for， 如 Apart from the ending, it's a really good film.（除结尾外，它真的是一部很好的电影） 。far from 远离；远远谈不上； instead of 代替；而不是；regardless of 尽管 22. D. warn sb. against doing sth.警告/告诫某人不要做某事，同 warn sb. not to do sth.。本句意为：父亲警告 我不要去西海岸，因为那里挤满了游客。
23. D against 有“倚；靠”的意思。本句意为“吉姆累了，背倚着树，很快就睡着了” 。 below 在??下方；beside 在??旁边；in 在??里面或在某时间之后 24. C “on the condition +that 从句”表示“在某条件下” 。本句意为“我同意他的建议，条件是他放弃所有 指控” 。 25. C for enjoyment 为了乐趣；供欣赏。本句意为“你可以不摘花园的花吗？ 他们是供大家欣赏的” 。 26. D 本句意为“那本字典正是我想要的，但是我没有随身带那么多钱” 。 27. C in case 万一，以防。本句意为“我想之前已经跟你谈论过这件事，但是以防万一，我会再问一次” 。 by nature 天生地；in return 作为回报，作为交换； by chance 偶然地。 28. B along 沿着。本句意为“Sean 已经形成了每天沿着绿荫大道慢跑两小时的习惯” 。 29. A beyond 有“超过；超越”的意思，beyond words 即“超越语言（所能表达的程度） ，无法用语言表达” 。 本句意为“听到她那感人的故事后，所有人都感动得不知说什么好” 30. A as a result of 由于；因为。本句意为“由于购物太多，詹妮差点错过航班” 。 on top of 在??顶端；in front of 在??前面; in need of 需要 31. A among 在??之中或之间。本句意为“在周五世界超级模特大赛中获奖的 14 个人中有四个是中国模 特” 。 32. A of one’s age 意为“和??同龄” 。本句意为“孩子需要和他们同龄的朋友一起玩” 。 33. B regardless of 不管；无论。本句意为“这所特教学校招收所有的残障学生，不分教育程度和背景” 。 according to 根据；in addition to 除??之外；in terms of 从??角度；就??而言 34. A keep …to oneself 将??秘而不宣；不把??告诉别人；by oneself 独自地。 本句意为“大部分美国 人遇见问题都秘而不宣，并且自己解决” 。 35. B 伟人总是让他人的利益凌驾在自己之上。Above 可用来表示价值、重要性等“在??之上” 。答案 B。 36. C in 有“穿着、戴着”的意思。本句意为“试穿下这条红裙子，你穿上它看起来会很不错的” 。 37. B on Christmas Eve 在平安夜，表示具体某一天的上、下午、晚上通常用介词 on。 38. C 考查 use...as...把??当作??使用。 39. D about 有关，关于。本句意为“关于在这里工作，我喜欢的两件事情是现代化设备和禁止吸烟” 。 40. B by 表示“通过” 。本题句意为“如果你确实要在会议期间离开，那么你最好从后门走” 。 41. D in need of 需要。本句意为“许多中国大学向那些需要经济帮助的学生提供奖学金” 。 in favour of 支持；in honour of 为了纪念；in face of 面对 42. C sink into 固定搭配，可以表示“重重地坐下或跌倒” 。本句意为“弗雷德没敲门就进来了，上气不接 下气地坐在了椅子上” 。 43. B success beyond her wildest dreams 超越了她所能想像的到的成功
1.B 表示在某方面，用介词 in。 2.B 表示“从现在起多长时间之后”用 in。 3.D “be late by+一段时间”表示“晚到、迟到多久” 。如本句 late by half an hour 即“迟到半小时” 。 4.D have trouble／difficulty in doing sth.／with sth.是一个习惯用法，表示“做某事吃力、费劲” 。 5.A in time 除平时熟悉的“及时”之意外，还有“迟早”的意思，相当于 sooner or later。 6.C 具体时间即点时间前常用介词 at, 表示“到??为止”用 by。 7.A through 指“从某事物的内部空间穿过” ；entrance 后习惯接 to；表示“在??边”用 on。 8.C “one in five”指“五人中有一个” ，即“one out of five” 。 9.C “乘坐交通工具”时，用 by＋抽象名词（无冠词的名词）或用 in／on 加冠词再加交通工具。 10.C “由手工制作”用固定词组 with one’s hands 或 by hand。 11.A in front of 表示“在??前面” ；in the charge of 表示“在??掌管／控制下” 。
12.C die of 用于疾病、情感、饥饿、寒冷等原因造成的死亡，die from 指除了疾病、情感、饥饿、寒冷以外 的原因造成的死亡，on a cold night 为特定时间。 13.A 在相对小的地点或门牌前用 at；房间“在第几层”用“on... floor” 。 14.D “在??帮助下”用 with,“没有??帮助”用 without。 15.B “逆／顶风而跑”用 against； “with ＋宾＋宾补”表示伴随；表示“在左／右边”用 on。 16.D “be struck by”意为“被??迷住／打动” ，stay for the night 表示“留下来过夜” 。 17.D since 常与现在完成时连用。 18. B offer sb. congratulations on sth. or doing sth.＝congratulate sb. on sth. or doing sth. 19.B in the south 表示在“一个范围之内的南部” ，on the east 表示“在东边接壤” ，off the coast 表示“离开 海岸” 。 20.B 表示“对??感到满意” ，用 be pleased with。此句为定语从句； 主句中用了 be strict with sb. in sth. 句型。 21.C look out for 小心；注意?? 22.C on (one’s) doing 意为 “当??时” ， 相当于 when 引导的时间状语从句。 如： On (my) asking for information, I heard a loud noise outside. 23.C be well-known／famous for 意为 “因??而著名” ， be well-known／famous as 意为 “作为??而著名” 。 24. A be opened to traffic 的意思是“通车” ；在具体的某一天之前通常用 on。 25.A keep in touch 为固定短语，for...表示一段时间。 26.D sing to the music 意为“伴随着音乐而唱” 。 27.D 介词 between 指“两者之间” ；among 用于“三者或三者以上之间” 。根据定语从句可知 children 应是 三者以上。 28.D 表示在“某一天的早晨”常说“on the morning of...” ；后面用 for 表示去的目的地。 29.D be absent from 是一个固定短语，意思是“缺席” 。
1. D 2. A 3. A 4. B 5. B 本句意为“约翰的足球踢得至少和戴维一样好，如果不比戴维更好的话” 。 6. B 7. C 8. B 9. A 10. C to the point 说到点子上；中肯 11. D 12. C 13. D 14. B 考查介词用法。against 以??为背景，衬托着。句意为：大片的草地，延伸到远方，以蓝天白云 为背景，看起来极为美丽。 15. B 16. C 17. B 18. D 19. C 20. A 21. B