Unit1 sporting events-reading 教案
Teaching Aims: 1、 2、 idea of the text. Teaching Important Points: 1、 Help Ss know some background knowledge about sports，such Enhance students’ reading abilities. Enable Ss to adopt the reading strategy and catch the main
as football, basketball, skiing.etc.. 2、 Teaching methods: 1. Improve the students’ reading comprehension. 1. 2. Practice to get the students master what they’ve learnt. Discussion to make every student work in class. Help them learn some language points.
Teaching aids: 1. 2. the multi-media the blackboard.
Teaching Procedures: Step1 Lead- in 1. Show pictures about some sports to motivate the Ss’ enthusiasm. 2.Talk about the sports and encourage the students to share their information and express their opinions. As we all know, there are many kinds of sports in our life, football,basketball,volleyball , swimming and so on. How much do you know about these sports, for example, its history, ceremonies and sporting events? 1. which of these sports are popular in your city?why? 2. what adjectives would you use to describe these sports and people?
3. which sports do you like or dislike?why? Step 2. Fast reading Ask Ss to scan the article and answer the three questions in Part C. 1 what kind of marks did she get in her exams? she got straight’s 2 what are the names of the two places in South Korea? Seoul and Muju Resort 3 until what time did they watch people skiing?
10 p.m. 4 what happens when you cross the tips of your skis？ you will fall if you cross it 5 how will she earn money to go skiing again? Do some part-time jobs Step 3 Careful reading 1.find words in the essay to replace the italicized words in the sentences below.write the correct words in each blank. 1)the young boy was happy because his mother told him she would surely take him swimming at the weekend.(paragraph1) keep one’s word
2) In bowling, the ball usually travels in the same direction in which your feet
are aimed. .(paragraph5)
3) It is considered polite in the west to pass your legs over each other when you are seated. (paragraph5) cross
4)Though the pizza was huge, the young boy succeed in eating it up all by himself. (paragraph6) Manage to do 2. find these words in the essay, and then use them to replace the words in brackets.write the words in the blanks. Definitely, check in, slopes, resort, suits (place to go for a holiday) (enter and fill in a form)at one of
·spend five days in a wonderful (1)
·arrive in Muju by bus, where you will(2) the excellent hotels.
·you will have lots of time to go skiing on the (3) ·there are instructors who can show you how to ski(4) activity) · it will (5)
(sides of hills) (clothing worn for an
(certainly) be a vacation you will always remember!
Answers: 1 resort 2 check in 3 slopes 4 suits 5definitely 3 read and think(page5) Answers:cbadc Step 4. Discussion 1. Do you like skiing?how much do you know about it? If not, which sports do you like best, why? Step 5 Language points
1) promise 答应，许诺。Promise to do sth. 答应做某事 keep one’s promise=keep one’s word 遵守诺言 反义词组： break one’s word/promise. 2) Straight adj. 连续的；不间断的。 Get straight A’s 得全优 3) Despite prep.不管，尽管=in spite of She came to the graduation ceremony despite /in spite of her illness. 4) shuttle n. 来往于两地间的火车、班车或航班。 5) be dying to do sth.渴望做某事。be dying for sth.非常渴望得到某物。 He is dying to know whether he has passed the exam. I’m dying for a chocolate milkshake. 6) manage to do =succeed in doing sth.(经过努力)设法做成功了某事。 Try to do 努力做某事（结果未必 成功） This strong-willed mother managed to help her deaf son learn to speak after much patience. He tried to fufil the task on time, but failed. Step 6 Homework
1. Try to remember the useful words, phrases and sentence patterns and know how to use them freely.
2. Finish exercises in Workbook.