弃我去者， 弃我去者，昨日之日不可留 乱我心者， 乱我心者，今日之日多烦忧
1. Directions: For this part, you are allowed thirty minutes to write an E-mail to one of your former classmates. You should write at least 80 words, and base your E-mail on the Chinese outline below: 1. 了解对方毕业后的情况。 2. 你的近况。 3. 邀请对方方便时来访。 Dear Sam, It is lovely to write to you. I haven’t seen you since we graduated. I'm told that you are in New York now. What have you been doing these years? Do you keep in touch with other classmates? I am now working in Shanghai JiaoTong University as a teaching assistant. My main duty is to support my teacher with her everyday teaching. The job requires great patience. But it is always a nice thing to work in a college, especially with those kind teachers and lovely students. I miss you very much. I would be very happy if you come to Shanghai and I’m sure we'll have a good time then. Looking forward to hearing from you. Yours, Alex
2. Directions: For this part, you are allowed thirty minutes to write an E-mail to one of your former classmates. You should write at least 80 words, and base your E-mail on the Chinese outline below: 1. 告诉对方你最近将出去旅游。
2. 了解对方所在地的旅游点。 3. 请对方给予帮忙安排。 Dear Susan: How is everything going with you these days? I'm going to Guilin, your hometown, for a holiday this Friday and stay there for about a week. Guilin is a wonderful place that I have always dreamed to visit. Since you work there right now, could you tell me about where to stay, where to eat and what to see in Guilin? I'm also told that Yangshuo is the most beautiful place in Guilin, and there are lots of activities you can do, so I plan to stay there for five days. Would you please book a nice hotel for me if it is convenient for you? Well, I feel very excited that we'll see each other very soon. Looking forward to seeing you. Love! Jane
3. Directions: For this part, you are allowed thirty minutes to write a letter to one of your friend. You should write at least 80 words, and base your letter on the Chinese outline below: 你的一位外国朋友给你来信，打算到中国旅游。你给他回信，提出旅游建议。你的回信应包 括下列内容： 1.接到朋友的来信； 2.你对旅游的安排计划及理由； 3.表达你希望见到朋友的心愿。 Dear Tom, I'm glad to know you want to make a tour in China. Now I'm living in Shanghai, and there are so many famous places here. I have made a plan for your visit in Shanghai. First we can go to the Peoples' Square, the most famous place in Shanghai. Then we can go to Yu Garden, which I think you have heard before. In the evening, we may have dinner at my home and you care welcome to stay at my home for several days. I'm looking
forward to your coming to Shanghai. I am sure you will like this city. Yours, Mark
4. Directions: For this part, you are allowed thirty minutes to write a letter to one of your friend. You should write at least 80 words, and base your letter on the Chinese outline below: 选择一个你想旅游的地点，并安排旅行计划。你应包括下列内容： 1.说明你想旅游的地点； 2.说明你为什么选择这个地点； 3.描述你的旅行计划。 Dear Alice, How is everything going with you? I plan to go to Sanya in Hainan province for my summer holiday. It's a famous seaside resort in China with clear water, beautiful sand and tall palm trees. It’s a wonderful place for a relaxation. You can enjoy delicious seafood and fresh fruits of many kinds. What's more, you can do a lot of activities there, you can go swimming, surfing and diving, and you also can have a barbecue on the beach. I plan to stay there for a week and I believe I will enjoy myself there. Regards Yours ever， Jimmy
5. Directions: For this part, you are allowed thirty minutes to write a letter to
one of your friend. You should write at least 80 words, and base your letter on the Chinese outline below: 你的朋友邀请你参加他/她的生日聚会，告诉对方你不能接受他/她的邀请。你应包括下列内 容： 1.告诉对方你不能接受他/她的邀请； 2.对对方的邀请表示感谢； 3.说明无法接受邀请的原因。 Dear Lily, Thank you very much for the invitation to your birthday party this Saturday evening. But unfortunately I am not able to take part in it, because I have to play a football match this Saturday afternoon. As you know, I am a member of the football team in our university. This weekend we will have matches with all the other universities in Shanghai. We have already been preparing for a few months. I don't know how long my match will last. So I can't come to your party. I wish you a very happy birthday. Have a good time and a lot of fun! Best regards, Hongli
6. Directions: For this part, you are allowed thirty minutes to write a composition. You should write at least 80 words, and base your composition on the Chinese outline below: 假如你是李明，遗失了一个书包。你应包括下列内容： 1.包在哪里遗失的； 2.这个包对你很重要； 3.拾到者应该如何和你联系。 A Schoolbag Lost I carelessly left my schoolbag in classroom 811 on the morning of July 3rd, Saturday when I was in a hurry to send a classmate to hospital. I rushed back only to find
it gone. It is a black canvas shoulder bag, which has a big pocket on the front with a “friend” logo on it. In the bag there are three textbooks, a Chinese-English dictionary, a bunch /set of keys and a wallet. Inside the wallet there are 225 RMB and an ID card, of which I am in urgent need to register for CET 4. It will be highly appreciated if the finder can get in touch with me as soon as possible. My telephone number is 85488548, or you can find me in Room 210 of the 3rd dormitory building. Your kindness will be rewarded for sure.
7. Directions: For this part, you are allowed thirty minutes to write a composition. You should write at least 80 words, and base your composition on the Chinese outline below: 你应邀到一位好友家吃晚饭。事后给朋友写信表示谢意。你的信应包括下列内容： 1.表达谢意； 2.表达想回请的意愿； 3.期待朋友的光临。 Dear Cindy， Thank you for your invitation to your home for dinner yesterday. It was a beautiful night. I enjoyed the food and the music very much. This Saturday is my birthday, there will be a birthday party at my place, and I will invite some close friends to have dinner at my home. I do hope you can come to join us. We will have a barbecue in my back yard, and one of my friends will play the guitar, he can play very well. We can sing and dance to the music. It would be fun. Please make sure you will come. I am looking forward to having you at my party. Yours， Cathy
8. Directions: For this part, you are allowed thirty minutes to write an E-mail to one of your former classmates. You should write at least 80 words, and base your E-mail on the Chinese outline below: 1、了解对方近来的情况。 2、通知对方同学将在五一举行聚会。 3、请对方参加。 Dear Echo， It is lovely to write to you. I haven’t heard from you for a long time. How is everything? I am now working in Shanghai JiaoTong University as a teaching assistant. My main duty is to support my teacher with her everyday teaching. The job requires great patience. But it is always a nice thing to work in a college, especially with those kind teachers and lovely students. There will be a former classmates’ get-together during this May Day holiday at our mother school. I miss you and the happy school days we spent together. And I think this get-together would surely bring back a lot of old memories. So do come to the party if you are free. I am looking forward to your reply. Yours truly, Richard
9. Directions: For this part, you are allowed thirty minutes to write an E-mail to one of your former classmates. You should write at least 80 words, and base your E-mail on the Chinese outline below: 1、了解对方最近的学习情况。 2、你的学习情况。
3、请对方说说提高英语水平的经验。 Dear Jane， It’s a pleasure to hear from you. I’m really happy to know that you can continue your study in Oxford, which is a world-known university in Britain. How about your study and life there? Since I am now working in a multinational company in which English is very important in daily life. I have to use English, which I’m not very good at, every day. I begin to study English in Shanghai Jiaotong University recently. But it's really hard for me to work in the day and study in the evening or on weekends. And the most difficult thing for me is grammar. You have always been good at English. Would you please tell me your own experience in English study and give me some tips? Looking forward to your reply. Best wishes， Robin
10. Directions: For this part, you are allowed thirty minutes to write an E-mail to one of your former classmates. You should write at least 80 words, and base your E-mail on the Chinese outline below: 1.你的近况。 2.请对方帮你购买英语语法书。 3.邀请对方方便时来访。 Dear Eric， Haven't heard from you for a long time. Is everything going well with you? I am now working in a multinational company in which English is very important in daily life. I have to use English, which I’m not very good at, every day. I begin to study English in my spare time, but it's really hard for me to work in the day and study in the evening or on weekends. And the most difficult thing for me is grammar.
Since you are always good at English, would you please buy a good English grammar book for me? We haven't seen each other since last summer. Why not come to Shanghai for some days? It will be great that we can be together again. Looking forward to seeing you. Yours， Mike
11. Directions: For this part, you are allowed thirty minutes to write an E-mail to one of your former classmates. You should write at least 80 words, and base your E-mail on the Chinese outline below: 1．告诉对方你将参加英语四级考试。 2．询问对方如何做准备。 3．请对方建议一些参考书。 Dear Alex， How is everything going recently? Thanks very much for your tips on improving my oral English. It helps me so much that I become confident enough to take every chance to communicate with foreigners in English. I am going to take CET-4 at the end of this term. Great efforts should be made to pass the test successfully. I know that you passed it last term. Could you please tell me what did you do when you were preparing for the test? I don't want to fail it. In order to get well prepared, I need a lot of practice. Would you be so kind to recommend me some books for practice? Looking forward to hearing from you.
12.My Plan for the Spring Festival. The Spring Festival is the most important time of the whole year for Chinese people. We will usually have a long vacation. So it is really a good idea to make my plan for the Spring Festival in advance. On the first day of the Spring Festival, I always go to my grandparents' home and have a wonderful dinner. So it will be the same this year. After the family get-together, I am going to have a trip with my friends. Qingdao will be a good choice for me at that time. On the last two days of the Spring Festival, I will go back and have a rest. You know, the relaxation is also important for us during the holiday. These are my plans for the Spring Festival, what about yours? May everyone have a great Spring Festival.
13.Why I Like Learning English. Nowadays, studying English gains popularity in China. Many rich parents would rather send their children abroad to receive education than let them be educated in China. I am also among the fans of English. First, I like English because it has become an international language. If I can speak English, then I can go almost anywhere around the world without any communication problem. Secondly, because English sounds so soft, especially American English, I love to hear it and speak it. So I like learning English!
14.My Dream. I have a dream that I will be always young. Then I will have enough energy to do everything that I want. Moreover, I don't have to worry about being too old to take care of myself, thus becoming a burden to my family. I know that my dream will not come true. However, I think it is lucky that I am young now. So I will treasure my time, enjoy my life and try my best to do everything well.
15.About Self-study. We all know that for a school student, the amount of time spent in classrooms with teachers is very limited. It is therefore very important for him to take full advantage of his spare time to have self-study. To make his self-study successful, one needs both good methods and perseverance. Before starting his self-study, one should recall the way his teacher gives lessons. With those methods in mind, one would study more
efficiently. Perseverance is also essential in self-study. Since no one would urge him to finish something in self-study, one can only rely on himself to overcome the laziness to continue with his study.
16.The Job I Like. I have decided to take teaching as my life-long career. A variety of reasons have led me to choose this occupation over others. First, teaching is learning. To make my lectures more constructive and stimulating, I have to read more books, explore new knowledge and gain a better understanding of the world. Second, teaching means freedom and independence. As a teacher, I'm free to use my own ideas and make my own decisions. Finally, I like teaching because it offers certain peace of mind. Nothing, not even a big salary, can equal for the opportunity to continue learning, the satisfaction of being your own boss, and a gentle peace of life.
17.My Favorite TV program. I like watching TV very much. And my favorite TV program is news. Because I can know what is happening in our nation and in the world every day through news. And I watch TV for news at the same time every day. I believe that many people like watching TV for news too. I can find some interesting things through news. Also we can know what we can do and what we can not do through news. I can acquire some knowledge from news.
18.My Family/ Living in a Big Family. My family is a big family. My father was born in Shaoxing, Zhejiang province in 1946. And he came to Shanghai with my grandparents when he was a little boy. He has two older brothers. One lives in Shanghai, the other lives in Jiangsu now. My mother was born in Anshun city, Guizhou province in 1952. She has one younger brother, and two younger sisters. And In 1960s, she entered the factory where my father was in. At that time, the factory was in Anshun, then it was moved to Wuhan city. After my parents retired from the work, they came to Shanghai and live with us, their children, my sister and me. Last year, the 13 people of my family including my father's brother's family went back to Shaoxing to visit our relatives there. It was the second time I had gone there. And we all felt happy! And this year, we plan to go back to visit my mother's mother in Anshun. It has been more than 30 years since my father left there. And his brother's family will join us together. We are looking forward to their coming.
19.About Television. Before the television was invented, many families enjoyed listening to the radio when they were free. Since the television was invented. It has become one of the most popular ways of entertainment for most people. People can acquire every kind of knowledge from the television. We can listen to music, watch movies, listen to the news report, etc. on TV. Nowadays, television has already become part of our life. And it brings us a lot of fun . And the television program is more exciting than before.
20.My Classmates. I have many friends in my class. They’re lovely and interesting. I would like to introduce some of them. Alice is very cute. She＇s also kind to everyone and she＇ s very enthusiastic. She＇s always ready to help others, but she is forgetful. She always forgets to bring her textbooks, but our teachers always forgive her. Ben is the most talkative boy in our class. His nickname is “chatterbox.” He has a great sense of humor and he always makes me laugh. Linda is a quiet student. She is good at every subject but she never shows off. Allen is a very tall boy. He plays basketball very well and he is on our school team. He often says, “Playing basketball is good for your health.” How about your classmates? Do you like them? Try to admire your classmates. You will be happier.
21.My Favorite Book/ The Book I Like Best. Books are friends to human. Fictions are always my favorite. And among so many fiction novels, I regard 20,000 leagues under the sea as the best. The novel itself is an imaginary story created by Verne, a famous French writer who lived more than 100 years ago. It tells an adventure of a captain and his crew. Although the novel was written so many years ago, it still has millions of readers today, especially children. Interesting enough, some imaginary things have been turned into reality. For example, the submarine was actually invented many years later. If you share my interest in this book, pick it up right now.
22.My Favorite Food.
My favorite food is egg. Firstly, it is soft, delicious and nutritious. It is a kind of good food for the old, the young and the weak. Secondly, it is easy to cook. When I was a primary school student, my parents were both busy working. Sometimes they had no time to cook meals for me. I had to cook by myself. I remembered the first time I cooked a meal for my parents–some boiled eggs, and they were moved a lot. Thirdly, it is useful. We can use eggs to make cakes, noodles and other food. I like eggs very much. How about you?
23.My Hometown. My hometown is Nanhui. We have settled down here since my grandfather was a child. In other words, my family has lived here for more than one hundred years. It is a small town. There are about two thousand inhabitants. Most of them are workers. The way of their living is very simple. However, they have already possessed television sets and refrigerators. They made up their minds to live a modern life. If we make up our mind to do it, we will certainly accomplish our end. That stands to reason.
24.My English Study. When the English course began a year ago, the lessons seemed quite easy. There were not many new words, and I know all the grammar rules. But very soon, I met some difficulties. This is because my pronunciation was poor and I found listening and speaking very difficult. I began to realize that listening and speaking are important skills and I tried hard to improve them. I am glad to say that, thanks to the help of my teachers and colleagues, I find them much easier now, but there is still a long way to go. I believe that good English will help me to find better jobs and have a more successful career.
25.My Best Friend. I have a best friend named Li Ning, whose English name is Wilson. He is 25 years old now. We’ve been friends since we were in primary school. He is a kind person who is always ready to help others. He presently works with a joint-venture company, which has cooperative relations with the company I serve. Therefore, we have many opportunities to meet each other frequently to talk about both our work and our life. Because we both like traveling very much, if we are free, we will travel together
at least once a year. I hope we will be good friends forever.
26.My English Studies. When it comes to the talk about ""how to overcome difficulties in English studies"", opinions are very far from person to person. As to me, I think there are three critical points. Firstly, reading English articles as often as possible is good for us to overcome the difficulties in English writing. Secondly, listening to the English news from time to time is a very useful solution for us to overcome English listening difficulties and improving our listening skills. Last but not the least, I think speaking is also a very important aspect. Only when you can speak English loudly, can you overcome the practical problems in our use of English in your life. All in all, let English be with you everywhere and there will be no difficulties in your English study.
27.My Study Plan. In order to make myself more competitive in the job market, I decide to make a study schedule to improve my English. I will strictly follow the plan after it sets down. 1.Every morning from7 to7: 30 AM, I will read an English paper for half an hour. And I will find out every word, which I don't recognize. After that I will look it up in the dictionary and try to remember it. 2.During the work in the day, I will try to use every chance to practice my English such as writing an email, having an English conversation with other colleagues etc. 3.In the evening I will still take one hour to continue my study. For the first half an hour, I will do some speaking exercise. The rest half an hour I will do a summary review on what I studied today. I think if I can hold on this plan for one year, my English will surely be improved a lot.
28.The Chinese New Year. The Chinese New Year is our traditional lunar New Year. It is the biggest and most
important festival in China. It is time to say goodbye to the old year and warmly welcome the coming of New Year. We celebrate this festival all together with our family. All children put on new clothes and set off fireworks to express their happiness .All friends and relatives greet each other and wish for bigger success and better luck in the New Year. This is our Chinese new year.
29.The Computer. There is no doubt that the computer has become a symbol of modern society. For example, via the Internet we can send a message to a friend or a relative in a distant place within seconds; we can do shopping without going out; we can stay at home and do business with foreign companies. In fact we can do many things more easily and more cheaply by using the Computer. So, I cannot imagine what society would be like without the computer.
30.How to Keep Healthy. It is very important for us to keep healthy. First, we should have good diets. We must eat some meat, chicken and fish, plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, a lot of rice, noodles and bread. We must not have too much fried food or too much soft drink. Second, we should have good eating habits. For example, we must have three meals a day. We must wash our hands before eating. In addition, we should take an active part in sports and recreation. When we feel tired, we can go out for a holiday to relax ourselves. If you want to enjoy your life, please remember the most important thing is to keep healthy.
31.My Plan for the National Day Holiday. How time flies! The National Day Holiday comes again! I have expected it for a long time! Two month ago I was planning a trip for this National Day Holiday. I would go to Qingdao, a famous city with beautiful views. When I was a child, I liked the sea, and her colour, because it looks like the sky. Of course, I'll swim in the sea; play with my little brother John on the beach. Oh, my workmate told me that Qingdao has the best seafood in China. I think I won't miss it!
32.Advantages and Disadvantages of the Mobile Phone./ My Opinion on Cell Phones.
(mobile phone 等于 cell phone,根据所给题目替换文中的名称) Mobile phones are so popular now that people in our age can hardly live without them. To start with, the mobile phone has made communication easier than it has ever been. With a mobile phone, we can contact others whenever we want and wherever when we are as long as there is no problem with the signal. In addition, the mobile phone nowadays is no longer merely a means of communication. We can use a mobile phone to store information, play games, listen to music and even take pictures if it is multifunctional. Of course, the mobile phone also has its disadvantages. One obvious disadvantage is mobile phones are harmful to our health because they create radiation. Furthermore, the use of mobile phone will distract out attention when we are walking on the street, crossing the road and, in worst cases, driving a car. The biggest problem is, however, the mobile phone has accelerated the pace of our life, keeping us busy all the time. We might receive a phone call during a meeting, a vacation and even during our sleep at midnight, which is very disturbing. Despite all these disadvantages, there is no denying that the mobile phone has been part of our daily life. There are times when we need some peace for a while and wish all mobile phones disappeared. But after that, we still have to go back to the world full of mobile phones.
33.About Friendship. Friendship is one of the greatest pleasures that people can enjoy. It implies loyalty, cordiality, sympathy, affection and readiness to help. Real friends are those who can share all our sorrows and double all our joys. No man makes most of his life, either in business or in society, without carefully and conscientiously striving to win the right kind of friends as he goes along. True friends cherish the ideals and feelings with you; they will not desert you when you are in hot waters; they will not flatter or take advantage of you when you have won victory; and they will advise you sincerely when you are led astray.
34.A Day to Remember. The story of how I learnt to swim is dramatic. One hot summer afternoon, my father
and I went to the swimming pool. While my father was away, I slipped into the pool! I was so afraid that I shouted! But the water kept coming towards me and I drank a lot. I was moving upside down and trying very hard to keep my head above the water. A minute was like a hundred years to me. Just then, my father saw me and seemed to be shocked. He said, "Calm down, just wave your arms and legs like this!" And I got it! I finally learnt to swim! From this experience I learnt that one's power is unlimited. And one has to stay calm when in danger.
35.My Teacher. I have many teachers, but my favorite teacher is …. He is a strongly built thirty-year-old man, who is often simply dressed. He has been teaching us English ever since 2007. He devotes all his time and energy to teaching, often working late into the night preparing his lessons. He is capable of making his lessons lively and interesting, and all of us like his lessons. He is very strict with us but he shows us great concern. He offers us help whenever we need it. We all consider him not only our good teacher but also our close friend. We all respect and love him.
36.My Hobbies. Everyone has different hobbies. Some people like painting and others like playing basketball. I like games, both indoor and outdoor. I like collecting cards and playing cards with my friends. But my favorite games are video games. I could play them all day long. I also like being outside in the fresh air, so I play a lot of sports. I like riding and roller-skating very much, and swimming is my favorite sport. In addition, I like drawing pictures and reading comics. Listening to music and singing songs are things I enjoy too, and I'm learning how to play the guitar. Finally., I enjoy learning English because I like speaking with foreigners and I like watching Disney cartoons. As you can see, my hobbies keep me busy and excited. I'm always looking for new things to do!
Like most people, I enjoy doing some exercises in my spare time, and my favorite sport is swimming. It doesn't mean I don't like other sports at all. But I think swimming is the kind of sport that fits me most. First, as a girl, swimming can keep me fit. Second, swimming can enrich my life. On one hand, when I feel lonely, I can go to the swimming pool to kill time. On the other hand, when I want to go out with friends, swimming is also a desirable choice. Last but not least, when I feel upset, swimming can cheer me up. When I swim, I also make a goal, and try to reach the goal; I always tell myself I can do it. Swimming has become part of my life. I like it.
38.Water and Life. As a result of human activities, fresh water is becoming increasingly scarce. For one thing, the global industrialization has raised water pollution levels so sharply that we are destroying our fresh water supply. For another, with the fast growth of the world’s population, the human consumption of drinking water is also tremendously increasing. We have to admit that the world is facing serious water crisis.
39.Bad Manners in Public. Although bad manners in public are condemned widely, they are still not uncommon in our life. For instance, some people can hardly refrain from using cell phones and talking loudly on a bus. There are also many people who turn a blind eye to someone who is in trouble on a bus. When a pregnant woman or a handicapped or elderly person needs a seat, they just close their eyes. In many places, I even see people hang their laundry outside, sometimes between trees. What annoys me most is spitting. Those who spit a lot in public might not realize that spitting helps transmit diseases and the spit would definitely spoil the beauty of our environment.
40.My Ideal Friend. In American Indian Languages, “friend” means the one who is willing to suffer for you. To me, an ideal friend would at least stand by you and support you when you are in trouble. He wouldshare your happiness and sorrow. It would be better if he can drive you towards the right direction and always help you to be more successful. I met such a friend in my college days. We spent the first year in college together and supported each other in almost everything ranging from daily dormitory life to course choosing. Friendship is based on trust, and to gain trust from someone you need to be honest and sincere towards him.
41.The Person I Feel Most Grateful to. The person I feel most grateful to is my mother. She is the one who has given me life and taken care of me since my birth. No one loves me more than she does. She has always been giving and sacrificing silently to make me feel comfortable. She is such a traditional mother whose life revolves around her son and household chores. She also works hard to support our family though she failed to have a good education when she was young. She loves our family and me and her love is unconditional. That’s why I feel most grateful to her.
42. Directions: For this part, you are allowed thirty minutes to write an E-mail to one of your former classmates. You should write at least 80 words, and base your E-mail on the Chinese outline below: 1、了解对方近来的情况; 2、通知对方同学将在五一举行聚会; 3、请对方参加。 Dear Wang Hong, How is everything getting along with you? It is almost one year since we graduated from university. I miss you very much. What have you been doing all these days? I have been a middle school teacher in my hometown since graduation. Teaching always keeps me busy, but I like my students and I love teaching, you know. So everything is fine here. There will be a former classmates’ getting together during this May Day holiday at my school. You are my best friend. I never forget those happy days we spent together. I hope you can come to my school when the time is due and you are free. I am looking forward to your reply.
43. My Job. I am a professional English speaking tour guide. Every year, the Spring Festival is the only holiday that I can spend leisure time with my family. Normally, we go traveling abroad. But during this coming one, we decided to go to Beijing instead of somewhere else far away. The whole world is now in the excitement of the coming Beijing Olympic Games of 2008, and I have heard so many positive comments about the changing of Beijing city and how beautiful and overwhelming the Olympic Stadium is. How can we miss it? We also put the Great Wall on our schedule. To climb the Great Wall once again is always the dream of my grandma. It has been 40 years since her first trip there. To my parents, this trip will be the celebration of their 30 years' anniversary. Well, we will give them some private time. The whole family is looking forward to this coming Spring Festival very much. But back to the practical life, I am the one who have to do all the work. They said that's what I am good at.
44.Make the Most of the School Days. "Why do we go to school?" Many people have asked themselves such a question. And the answers are different. In my opinion, we go to school to acquire knowledge for future work and life. We learn languages, techniques and even how to communicate with others. All of us shall take full advantage of our school time to learn more. We may have chances to join some hobby groups, student union and public activities. We will learn the skills for organizing, communicating, thinking and speaking. It also helps to strengthen our confidence. So we can learn many things from our school time and these things will help us get a better job and better life in future. Don't waste your school time.
45.提示：假设你是刘明,登载在《中国日报》某期上的招聘广告引起了你的兴趣。请你给负 责的 Bull 先生写一封求职信,信中包含以下信息: ① 你如何得知招聘消息 ② 你想应聘这份工作及你的应聘条件 ③ 进一步询问有关这份工作的详细信息
Dear Mr. Bull, I would like to be considered for the post of sales representative with your corporation, as advertised in the May 28 edition of China Daily. As a graduate from the Foreign Trade University, I feel very confident that I can meet your special requirements that the candidate must have a high command of English, for I have got an excellent score in TOEFL. Furthermore, I learned to communicate well with English speaking customers when I worked as a salesman with the Great Wall Corporation Limited. The main reason for changing my employment is to gain more experience with a company of outstanding international reputation such as yours. Enclosed are my resume and three photos. I would appreciate an opportunity to be interviewed. Thanks a lot for your time. Looking forward to your reply. Sincerely Yours, Bill
46.提示：你和你的好朋友 Tom 发生了争执，在自我反省过后，你觉得有必要向他道歉。请就 此发一封 E-mail 表示你的诚意。 Dear Tom, I am sorry for having blamed you several days ago when I heard you lost my favorite book. I shouldn’t have said that if you couldn’t get back the book, we would never be friends. I suppose you must have been hurt then. Later, I couldn’t sleep well during the nights. I recalled a lot of happy time we had together, and realized that friendship was more important than a book. So finally I decided to write a letter to say sorry to you in hopes that you could forgive me and we can be best friends again. Yours Regretfully, Mike
47.My Favorite Hobby 要求：语言表达正确，写一篇不少于 80 词的短文。 提示：①你最喜欢的业余爱好是什么 ②说明喜爱的原因 I have many hobbies, such as reading, skating, and watching TV. But reading is my favorite. I like reading for three reasons. First of all, books introduce me to a colorful new world. Through reading, I can trace back to ancient China to see the splendid Chinese culture. It can also bring me to the foreign countries, including many mysterious lands I have been longing to visit. Secondly, reading can better myself by showing me a new horizon. In the past years, most of my knowledge has been obtained from books. Thirdly, reading bridges the gap between my dream and my goal. In order to succeed in my career in the future, I must keep reading, thinking and practicing. Reading has become part of my life. At night, I can hardly go to sleep without a book in my hand.
48.提示：假如你是李华，你得知在美国的朋友 Tom 后天要过生日了。你通过 E-mail 给他写 封贺信。感谢他三年来给你的帮助，祝贺他生日快乐，并预祝你们的友谊天长地久。 Dear Tom, I’m very glad to learn that your birthday is coming on the day after tomorrow. And I’m very eager to join your many friends in wishing you a happy birthday. It’s been three years since we became friends through the Internet. And I’m very grateful to you for giving me a lot of help in learning English. I have been treasuring our friendship so much and I am looking forward to enjoying it for many years to come. I’m sending this email in the hope that it is something that will help make your birthday a happy one. Best wishes for a joyous birthday.
49.电视广告词“If we don’t save water, the last drop of water will be a tear-drop.” 要求：根据提示，写一篇不少于 80 词的短文。语言表达正确，要点完整。 提示：①生活离不开水； ②水污染严重； ③应该保护水源，再利用水。 As we all know, water is very significant to humans since we can’t live without it. But some people don’t seem to care about this. They have been wasting a lot of water in daily use, and many factories pour dirty water into rivers, lakes or the sea and therefore water on the earth becomes seriously polluted. So the whole society should have a common understanding that we must take some measures to protect water source, prevent water pollution and make water recyclable to save water for our offspring. If we don’t, the last drop of water will be a tear-drop.
50.The season I like best 要求：根据提示，写一篇不少于 80 词的短文。语言表达正确，要点完整。 提示：①被选季节的特点（气候、时间、事物、活动等） 。 ②喜爱的原因 I like winter best. Though it is very cold and people would be more likely to stay inside, when it snows, everything turns bright. Trees and houses are all covered with thick snow. How beautiful the world looks! At that time, my friends and I will make snowmen. Sometimes we make snowballs and throw them at each other, which gives us much pleasure. Although snowing days become rare, I’m still longing for the winter to come, just in hopes of snow. Besides, the winter also gives me a feeling that the hope of spring is just lying ahead.
51.假设你叫王明，昨天收到了笔友 David 的 e-mail，得知他不久要到北京来学习中文。他
想了解如何学好中文。请你用英文给他回复一封 e-mail，介绍学习中文的体会和方法，提出 你的建议，以及表达你帮助他学好中文的愿望。 Dear David, I’m glad you’ll come to Beijing to learn Chinese. Perhaps it’s difficult for you because it’s quite different from English in terms of both words and grammar. You have to learn almost 3000 Chinese characters to meet the general demand. It’s also important to practice reading and writing every day and you can watch TV and listen to the radio to improve your listening ability. Do your best to get chances to talk with people in Chinese. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask me. I’m sure you’ll learn Chinese well in the near future. Hope to see you soon in Beijing. Yours, Wang Ming
52.提示：假如你叫李华，在因特网上找到了一个叫 David 的英国网友，现在请你根据下列要 点给 David 写个 E-mail，介绍你自己的一些情况。 ①李华，大学生，家住在上海； ②喜欢听音乐和运动； ③对英语很感兴趣，会唱不少英文歌曲； ④有朋友也想找英国网友，希望得到帮助。 Dear David, I’m very glad to write this E-mail to you. My name is Li Hua, and I’m a university student living in Shanghai now. In my spare time, I like listening to music and playing football or basketball with my friends. I believe sports can make people healthier and happier and I like staying together with friends in open air. What’s more, I’m very interested in the language of English and I have learned to sing a few beautiful English songs. By the way, some of my friends wish to have their own pen-pals on the Internet, too. Can you introduce some of your friends to them? We’ll appreciate your
Yours, Li Hua"
53. 提示：假设你叫王萍，是某电视台英语频道“School English”栏目的忠实观众。请根 据下列信息给该栏目的主持人 Cathy 写一封英文信，并表达你对这个栏目的良好祝愿。 优点：内容丰富（有故事、游戏、英语歌曲等） ，有利于提高英语水平（词汇量、听说能 力） ；能了解更多的外国文化 不足：语速有点快；每周只播出两次 Dear Cathy, I like your program very much because it has a lot of interesting stories, attractive games and popular English songs. From your program we can learn many new words and expression_r_rs. We can improve our listening and speaking in English. We can also know more about the culture of other countries in the world. In a word, we benefit a lot from your program. But I’m very sorry to tell you that I can’t follow you easily sometimes because you speak a bit too fast. It’s also a pity that we can only watch your program twice a week. Could you make some adjustment? Thank you again for giving us a lot of fun! I wish your program a brighter future! Yours Sincerely, Wang Ping
54.提示：一些英国朋友来参加你们班的英语晚会。作为主持人，你需要用英语准备一份欢迎 辞,其中必须包括以下内容： ①what do you think of British people
②how do you learn English in your free time ③your English programs ④ending(结束语) Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to our class and welcome to our English Evening. The 60 students in our class all like English and study hard at it. In our free time we often read English books, newspapers and magazines. Sometimes we learn English on the radio and sometimes on TV. It’s great that we can communicate with you while enjoying the programs this evening, which include some short plays, songs, and dances and so on by our classmates. I hope you’ll like these programs and have a good time. Thank you!
55.提示：假设你是某大学学生，你有位加拿大朋友 Danny, 也是一位大学生。他希望了解你 将如何度过这个暑假。为此，你把你的想法写成 E–mail 给他。暑假生活包括以下内容： ①坚持锻炼身体。 ②根据个人兴趣和需要安排学习。 ③做份兼职工作。 Dear Danny, Summer holiday is drawing near. During the holiday, the first thing I'll do is to get relaxed after the final examinations. I'll keep on doing morning exercises every day as usual. In the afternoon I'll go fishing in the river if I'm free. I like playing the computer a lot. So I'm going to surf the Internet and try to find some useful information for a part-time job. Besides, my Chinese is a little weak. So I'm going to read more books on Chinese than on any other subject. Meanwhile, I'll help my parents do housework as much as possible. I'd like to visit some of my friends and relatives as well. I'm sure I will have a pleasant time this summer.
56.About Newspaper. A newspaper is a medium that tells the news of the day and other things. There are good newspapers and bad newspapers. You can be more knowledgeable and better educated if you read a good newspaper each day. A good newspaper should have well-trained and reliable people working for it. One important role among newspaper workers is the reporter. It’s the reporter’s job to make sure that the facts are checked before they are printed. Some reporters do not always bother to do this. A newspaper should give current news as it happens. A newspaper may also give some comments on the news, which can help you work out how the news of the day may affect you.
57.On Money. Nowadays, a lot of people think the more money they have, the more happiness they will obtain. As a result, they will try their best to get money, even without considering the law. But in my view, the greatest happiness lies in one’s satisfaction with one’s surroundings, not in money. With money you can buy a bed but cannot buy sleep; you can buy books but not knowledge; you can buy food but not appetite; you can buy finery but not beauty; a house but not a home; medicine but not health; amusements but not happiness; a passport to everywhere but not heaven. So long as we can look at things with a happy heart, we can be happy. It has nothing to do with the mount of money we have. Therefore, people shouldn’t pay too much attention to the money we have.
58.Health and Wealth. Nowadays, keeping healthy is playing a more and more important role in people's daily life. In our life, health is more important than wealth. As a proverb says, "There is nothing more valuable than health." On the one hand, a strong person can do almost
anything as long as he/she tries hard. On the other hand, however, rich people will not be able to enjoy the wealth if their days are numbered. But many others have such arguments as follows. For one thing, wealthy people will be able to buy more healthful foods. For another, they can enjoy better facilities to improve their health. As far as I am concerned, both health and wealth are important to our life. We should try to strike a balance between them and gain wealth with a healthy body.
59.My First Year at College. My first year of college came with many changes and challenges. Being far away from home, I had many new roommates to get along with and a stomach to feed. Soon I made a lot of new friends. We stayed up late talking about our ideals and ambitions together. Study in college was much harder than I had thought. The key to success in college is more than intelligence. You must want to study and succeed. My parents spent good money on my study and it’s important for me to get the money worth
60.How to Learn English Well. Nowadays more and more people are learning English, or going to study English. But sometimes they feel uncertain about how to learn English well. To learn English well, firstly you need to read English as much as you can, so that you can know many words. Secondly you should listen to English radio programs and watch English TV programs as often as you can so that the new words you have learned will be your friends. Thirdly and lastly, you have to practice what you have learned. Speak more and write more, and your spoken and written English will be improved soon.
61.About English Study. There are four key points to study English: listening, speaking, reading and writing. Firstly, we should be brave to talk with others in English. By doing this, we can improve our talking and listening skills. Secondly, we should try to listen to all kinds of English programs as much as possible. In this way, we can gradually improve our pronunciation. Thirdly, we should often read English books. When we come across a new word, we should guess its meaning through the content first. Then look it up
in the dictionary to have a check. I think it is a good way of reading. As long as we listen, speak, read and write more, we are sure to make remarkable progress!