汕头市潮南区东山中学 2013 届高一上学期期末考试 英 语
第一部分：听力（共两节，满分 35 分）
做题时，先将答案划在试卷上。录音内容后，你将有两分钟的时间将试卷上的答案转涂 到答题卡上。 第一节：听力理解（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C、三个 选项中选出最佳选项。停每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟：听 完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 请听第 1 段对话，回答第 1 至 2 题。 1. Where are the speakers? A. At a restaurant. B. In a shop. C. In a supermarket. 2. What does the woman finally order? A. A chocolate cake. B. An apple pie. C. A cup of coffee. 请听第 2 段对话，回答第 3 至 5 题。 3. What does the woman think of the job? A. Exciting. B. Difficult. C. Uninteresting. 4. How much will the woman get a week if she works in the hotel? A.$140. B. $420. C.$240. 5. What does the man advise the woman to do? A. Stay at home. B. Take the job. C. Find a better job. 请听第 3 段对话，回答第 6 至 8 题。 6. How long has the woman studied English? A. For a couple of weeks. B. For a couple of months. C.For a couple of years. 7. Why does the woman feels so discouraged? A. She finds it hard to write English well. B. Nobody wants to communicate with her. C. She finds it hard to learn English grammar. 8. What is the relationship between the speakers? A. Teacher and student. B. Father and daughter. C. Classmates. 请听第 4 段对话，回答第 9 至 11 题。 9. Why did Jane go to the U.S. during the vacation? A. To attend a summer course in English. B. To visit an American family, the Smiths. C. To have a sightseeing with her family. 10. Where did Jane have her daily three meals? A. At school. B. In the hotel. C.In the Smiths’ house. 11. What is the main difference that Jane found in the American classes? A. The teachers were strict. B. You could share your ideas.
C. They mainly taught reading. 请听第 5 段独白，回答第 12 至 15 题。 12. What did the speaker have to do before going to school? A. To feed chickens. B. To have a bath. C. To go to church. 13. Why didn’t the speaker go to school by bus? A. He lived near the school. B. He didn’t have the money. C. There wasn’t any. 14. Why didn’t his parents need to worry about them when they went out? A. There weren’t many cars on the roads. B. There were no robbers or thieves. C. They were always in the church.. 15. What did the speaker think of his life in the past? A. Easy and comfortable. B. Hard and happy. C. Simple and lonely. 第二节： 听取信息（共 3 小题，满分 5 分） 听下面一段独白后回答下面 3 个问题。请把答案填在答题纸指定的答题位置。 16. What is the news about? (2 分) 17. Who were killed?(1.5 分) 18. How did the children at the school feel? (1.5 分)
第二部分：英语知识运用（共两节，满分 35 分）
第一节：单项填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 从下面四个选项中，选出可填入空白处的最佳选项，并把答案卡上对应得题目的答案涂黑。 A) 语法部分 19. I met Mary, __________told me the news. A .that B. who C which D. what 20. A child ______parents are dead is called an orphan. A. whose B. who C. whom D. that 21. Smoking, _____ is a bad habit, is nevertheless very popular. A. though B. it C. what D. which 22. There is nothing _______can be done about it. A. that which B. that C. which D. what 23. This is the house ______he used to live.. A. what B. which C. in that D. in which
24. We are living in an age ______many things are done on computer. A. which B. that C. whose D. when 25. _______has been announced, we shall have our final exams next month. A. That B. As C. It D. What 26. Over time I quite a lot. A. have changed B. had changed C. have been changed D. Changed 27. The 2016 Olympic Games in Brazil. A. will hold B.will be held C. is holding C. Hold 28. They are living with their parents for the moment because their own house A. is being rebuilt B. has been rebuilt C. is rebuilt C. has rebuilt B)词汇部分 29. The second floor burst building. A. in B. into C. out " D. of 30. "All the students don't like maths."means " A. None of the students like maths. B. Not all the students like maths. C. Only a few students like maths. D. All the students like maths. 31. ——Can I get you a cup of coffee? —— C. You can, please. 32. He had finished his final paper time. A. at the end of C. by the end of 33.They are A. at work C. in work A. a time when C. times when ——_________. A. Thank you B. Congratulations C. You are right D. Good luck
flames and the fire soon spread to the whole
. B. With pleasure. D. Thank you for the tea. last term, which made him graduate ahead of
A. That's very kind of you.
B. in the end of D. at an end and have to stay at home doing nothing now B. out of work D. for work B. time when D. a time that
34. There was ______I liked English.
35.——My son has won the singing competition.
36. It was a _______story, and we all got ________. A. shocking;shocking B. shocked;shocked C. shocking;shocked homes. A .a number; is B. the number; is C. a number; are D. the number; are 38. We should pay more attention to the environment. A. protecting B. protect C. be protected D. being protected 第二节：完型填空（ 共 10 小题； 每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 39-48 各题所给的四个选项（A, B,C,D ）中，选出 最佳选项，并把答题卡上对应题目的答案标号涂黑。 Chinese are very generous (慷慨的) when it comes to educating their children. Not 39 the money, parents often send their children to the best schools or even abroad. They also want their children to take extra-course 40 through which they will learn either an instrument or ballet D. shocked; shocking 37. As a result of destroying the forest, ________ of animals ________ losing their
(芭蕾舞), or other classes which will give them a head start in life. Chinese believe that the 41 an education is, the better it is. So parents would like to
spend a large amount of money on education. Even 42 couples will buy a computer for their son or daughter. However, what most parents 43 to see is that the best early education they most parents fail to realize is that today’s can give their children is usually very cheap. Parents can see that their children’s skills vary, skilled in some areas while poor in others. children lack self-respect and self-confidence. The problem is that parents are only 45 their children by teaching them how to take 44
multiple-choice tests and how to study well, but parents are not teaching them the most important skills they need to be 46 , happy and clever. Parents can achieve this by teaching 47
skills like cooking, sewing and doing other housework. 48 of the skills that he will need later in life. 39. A. offering 40. A. parties B. spending B. sports C. caring about C. clubs C. farther C. poor C. want C. What C. persuading C. serious C. real C. Advising
a child to cook will improve many
D. paying D. activities D. cheaper D. young D. manage D. Which D. suggesting D. confident D. true D. Telling
41. A. more expensive 42. A. rich 43 . A. fail 44. A. Why 45. A. advising 46. A. outgoing 47. A. actual 48. A. Teaching
B. more serious B. old B. try B. That B. educating B. quiet B. practical B. Asking
第三部分： 阅读理解（共 20 小题；满分 30 分）
第一节 阅读下列二篇短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A，B，C，D）中，选出最佳选项，并 把答案卡上应得题目的答案标号涂黑。 （共 10 小题，每小题 2 分） A Son’s Help Mr. Lang worked in a factory. As a driver, he was busy but he was paid much. His wife was an able woman and did all the housework. When he came back, she took good care of him and he never did anything at home. So he had enough time when he had a holiday. A few friends of his liked gambling(赌博) and he learned it soon. So he was interested in it and hardly forgot anything except gambling. He lost all his money and later he began to sell the television, watches and so on. His wife told him not to do it but he didn’t listen to her. She had to tell the police. He and his friends were punished for it. And he was hardly sent away. After he came out of lockup(拘留所), he hated her very much and the woman had to leave him. It was New Year’s Day. Mr. Lang didn’t go to work. He felt lonely and wanted to gamble again. He called his friends and they came soon. But they were afraid the police would come. He told his five-year-old son to go to find out if there were the policemen outside. They waited for a long time and didn’t think the police would come and began to gamble. Suddenly opened the door and in came a few policemen. “I saw there weren’t any policemen outside, daddy,” said the boy, “so I went to the crossing and asked some to come.” 49. Mr. Lang was paid much because _______. A. he was a driver B. he worked in a factory C. he had a lot of work to do D. he had worked there for a long time 50. Mrs. Lang did all housework because _______. A. she couldn’t find any work B. she thought her husband was tired C. her husband spent all time in gambling D. she wouldn’t stop her husband gambling
51. _______, so he was put into lockup. A. Mr. Lang often gambled B. Mr. Lang was late for work C. Mr. Lang didn’t help his wife at home D. Mr. Lang wasn’t polite to the police 52. The woman had to leave Mr. Lang because _______. A. he didn’t love her any longer B. he wouldn’t stop gambling C. he had been put into lockup D. he was hardly sent away by the factory 53. Which of the following is right? A. The boy hoped his father to be put into lockup again. B. The boy thought his father needed some policemen. C. The boy hoped his father to stop gambling soon. D. The boy hoped his mother to come back. B The computer is a useful machine. It is the most important invention in many years. The oldest kind of computer is the abacus(算盘), used in China centuries ago, but the first large, modern computer was built in 1946. A computer then could do maths problems quite fast. Today computers are used in many ways and can do many kinds of work. In a few years the computer may touch the life of everyone, even people in faraway villages. In the last few years, there have been great changes in computers. They are getting smaller and smaller, and computing faster and faster, Many scientists agree that computers can now do many things, but they cannot do everything. Who knows what the computers of tomorrow will be like? Will computers bring good things or bad things to people? The scientists of today will have to decide how to use the computers of tomorrow. 54. The computer is a _______ machine. A. helpful B. strange C. large D. dangerous
55. The first large, modern computer was built about _______ years ago. A. a few B. forty C. sixty
56. The computers of today are _______ than before. A. bigger B. fewer C. smaller D. taller
57. Computers can do _______. A. everything B. anything C. nothing D. lots of things
58. The scientists of today _______ how to use the computers of tomorrow. A. may decide B. must decideC. can make D. needn’t make
第二节 阅读下列短文，然后归纳信息要点。请把相关信息要点填在答案卷上。 （共 5 小题， 每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） Man has invented four kinds of satellites. The first kind of satellites studies the geography of the earth. They are used to make maps. They also help countries to see where they can find oil or gold. The second kind of satellites is used to guide ships and planes. A ship or a plane can send a message to the satellite and the satellite can find out where it is. The third kind of satellites studies the weather. These satellites watch clouds and strong winds moving across the earth. They warn countries to make preparations when very bad weather is coming. They take photos of the earth from miles above it and send the photos to weather stations on the ground. The last kind is used for communication. Telephone calls between countries can be sent by these satellites. Some can carry hundreds of calls at one time. The call is sent to the satellite and then the satellite send it to the station in the country which is being phoned. These satellites also carry pictures, they can send about eight programs at a time. 填写信息要点： 59. Man has invented four kinds of . 60.The first kind of satellites studies the of the . 61. The second kind of satellites is used to guide and . 62. The third kind of satellites studies the . 63. The last kind is used for .
第一部分：听力（共两节，满分 35 分） 1-5 ACCCB 6-10 BCAAC 11-15 BABAB 16. A traffic accident.(2 分) 17. A girl and two boys./ Three children.（1.5 分） 18. They were upset. （1.5 分） 第二部分：英语知识运用（共两节，满分 35 分） 第一节：单项填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 19-23 BADBD 24-28 DBABA 29-33BBACB 34-38 ABCCA 第二节：完型填空（ 共 10 小题； 每小题 1.5 分，满分 15 分） 39-43 CDACA 44-48 CBDBA 第三部分： 阅读理解（共 20 小题；满分 30 分） 49-53 CBAAB 54-58 ACCDB 59. satellites 60. geography; earth 61. ships; planes 62. weather 63. communication 第四部分：基础知识运用（满分 30 分） 第一节：单词填空（共 10 小题，每题 1 分） 64.Winter 65.held 66.athletes 67.allowed 68.important 69.earthquake 70.destroyed 71.rescue 72.fell 73 bury 第二节：翻译句子（共 5 小题，每题 4 分，满分 20 分） 74.With the help of Mr Wang ,we succeeded in the end/at last /finally. 75.Smoking does harm to your health./ Smoking is harmful to your health. 76.Teachers will never be replaced by computers in class. 77.There is a beautiful girl whose name is Lucy. 78.In order to catch the first bus , I got up early this morning. 第五部分：书面表达（满分 20 分）
Madame Curie, (who was) born in a teacher’s family in Poland in 1867, was a world famous woman scientist. Since her childhood, she enjoyed studying. She made up her mind to study hard and dreamt of becoming a scientist. At the age of 24, she left for Paris and studied in Paris University. She lived a simple life but worked very hard. It was her determination and hard work that brought her success. After graduating, she devoted all her life to her scientific research. She won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1903 and for Chemistry in 1911. She will be always remembered/regarded/considered as a great woman scientist.