湖南省双峰县一中 2015-2016 学年高一下第一次月考 英语试题
第一部分 听力（30 分）（共两节，满分 30 分） 第一节（共 5 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分） 听下面 5 段对话，每段对话后有一个小题。从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最 佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题 和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. How much can the woman lend the man? A. 30 dollars. B. 25 dollars. C. 20 dollars.
2. What is wrong with the man? A. He has a cough. B. He has a cold. C. He has a fever.
3. How long has Mr. White been in the company? A. For more than 15 years. C. For 15 years. 4. What will the woman probably do this summer holiday? A. Work in a restaurant. B. Study in a language school. C. Work in a school. 5. What will the man do with Julia? A. See a movie. B. Have dinner together. C. He hasn’t decided. B. For less than 15 years.
第二节（共 15 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分） 听下面 5 段短话或独白，每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个 选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白，你将有时间阅读各个小 题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的做答时间，每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。 6. Where does the woman want to go? A. A hospital. B. A supermarket. C. A post office.
7. How will the woman go there? A. On foot. B. By car. C. By bus.
听第 7 段材料，回答第 8、9 题。 8. When will the woman know the result of the interview? A. Next Monday. B. Next Friday. C. Next month.
9. What can we learn about the woman? A. She knows little English. C. The director didn’t like her. 听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. What’s the matter with the woman? A. She has a stomachache. B. She has a headache. C. She has a bad cough. B. She has rich work experience.
11. Which kind of pills does the woman have to take? A. The pink one. B. The white one. C. The green one.
12. How many times does the woman have to take pills each day? A. Twice. B. Three times. C. Four times.
听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. What’s the man’s first name? A. Ronald. B. Ronold. C. Ranold.
14. When will the man go to see the doctor? A. On Tuesday. B. On Wednesday. C. On Thursday.
15. What does the man usually do? A. Go to see the doctor. B. Pick up his kids. C. Go to work.
16. What’s the probable relationship between the speakers? A. Doctor and patient. B. Receptionist and patient. C. Saleswoman and customer. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. When did Jenny drive to the airport? A. At six o’clock. B. At seven o’clock. C. At eight o’clock.
18. Who picked up Jenny in Shanghai? A. The man. B. Mr. Carter. C. Mr. Black.
19. Where did she have lunch?
A. At a Chinese restaurant. B. At a French restaurant. C. At a fast-food restaurant. 20. How did the experts feel about Jenny’s report? A. Unsatisfied. B. Satisfied. C. Critical.
阅读理解（共两节，满分 40 分）
第一节（共 15 小题， 每小题 2 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项(A、 B、 C 和 D）中。选出最佳选项，并在答 题卡上将该项涂黑。 A China is the biggest market in the world, and many countries such as Germany, the USA, the UK and Russia do a lot of business in China. Let’s have a look at some important tips to help you be successful when dealing with these nationalities. First, you must be punctual ( 准时的 ) with Germans. Even 5 minutes late makes a bad impression. Being punctual is also very important in the USA. In the UK, it’s important to be punctual for business meetings, but nobody expects you to be on time for a social event. Half past seven really means a quarter to eight, or even eight o’clock! With Russians, you should always be on time, though it is not unusual for them to be one or even two hours late! It is best to dress formally and wear dark colours when you meet people from all the four countries. In Russia, designer clothes are very common. Don’t be surpri if you go to an office in the UK on a Friday and find everyone wearing jeans. Many companies have “dress down Friday”, when people wear casual (随便的) clothes. In Germany, first names are only used by family members and close friends, so be prepared to use titles and last names. In the USA you will usually be invited to use first names almost immediately. The British are quite informal and using first names in business is more and more common, especially among younger people. In Russia, however, nobody uses first names, so use titles and last names. In conversation, the British and the Americans value humour, and both like to talk about sport. The weather is also a good topic of conversation with the British and the Americans, but avoid
talking about politics. In Russia, say positive（肯定的） things about their country, but avoid making complaints. The Germans, however, prefer to get straight down to business! So, use these tips, and you will be on your way to a successful international business career! 21．Which color should you NOT wear when meeting a person from the USA? A. Dark blue. B. Gray. C. Black. D. White.
22. All of the following statements are true EXCEPT ______. A.you can say something funny when you talk to an American B.you can use his first name when you talk to an Englishman C.you must be on time when you meet people from each of the four countries D.people wear whatever they like on Friday in some companies in the UK 23. When you talk to a Russian, you can ______. A. complain about something B. say something negative about his country C. say something good about his country D. point out some disadvantages in politics 24. The tips in this passage are probably given to people from ______. A. China B. the USA C. Germany D. the UK
B As a boy, Charles Robert Darwin(达尔文) collected anything that caught his interest: insects, coins and interesting stones. He was not very clever, but Darwin was good at doing the things that interested him. His father was a doctor, so Darwin was sent to Edinburgh to study medicine, and was planned to follow a medical career. But Charles found the lectures boring. Then his father sent him to Cambridge University to study to be a priest. While at Cambridge, Darwin’s interest in zoology and geography grew. Later he got a letter from Robert FitzRoy who was planning to make a voyage around the world on a ship, the Beagle. He wanted a naturalist to join the ship, and Darwin was recommended(推荐). That voyage was the start of Darwin’s great life. As the Beagle sailed around the world, Darwin began to wonder how life had developed on earth. He began to observe everything. After he was home, he set to work, getting his collection in
order. His first great work The Zoology of the Beagle was well received, but he was slow to make public his ideas on the origin of life. Later Darwin and Wallace, another naturalist who had the same opinions as Darwin, produced a paper together. Darwin’s great book “On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection”(《物种起源》) appeared. It attracted a storm. People thought that Darwin was saying they were descended from monkeys. What a shameful idea! Although most scientists agreed that Darwin was right, the Church was still so strong that Darwin never received any honors for his work. Afterwards, he published another great work, The Descent of Man. His health grew worse, but he still worked. “When I have to give up observation, I shall die,” he said. He was still working on 17, April, 1882. He was dead two days later. 25. Darwin’s father sent him to Edinburgh to _____. A. make him like natural history C. let him change his hobbies B. make him become a doctor D. have him give up his collection
26.According to the passage, Charles Darwin’s whole life was changed by _____. A. his study at Cambridge University naturalists at Cambridge B. his collection of coins 【来源：全,品…高* C. the
D. the voyage of the Beagle
27. The underlined part “they were descended from monkeys” probably means “_____”. A. they gave monkeys life B. they were different from monkeys D. they had to live with monkeys C Last summer, as part of my high school graduation project, I volunteered at Saunders House nursing home .I choose this experience because it was something that I had never done before and I wanted to lend a helping hand．At first it was challenging because I was extremely shy. My goal in volunteering was to bring a smile to the residents（住客） by doing different activities from word games to playing chess. I feel as if I had accomplished that goal. At the nursing home, I did a lot of different activities with the residents ranging from Jeopardy to Wheel of Fortune. One of my favorites was a word game where I would write a ten -letter word on the board and the residents would try to come up with as many smaller words as possible. I could tell that it was one of their favorite games because they always seemed to be so enthusiastic
C. they were developed from monkeys
when they played． I also transported residents to and from their rooms when they needed help; and whenever it was a nice day out, I would take them outside to get some fresh air and relax. On Saturday mornings, I would deliver the newspaper to the residents and on Sundays, I assisted with morning church services. The most unforgettable part of this experience was when I had one-on-one conversations with the residents. It was incredible how many great stories they had to tell. Their stories were so interesting and the experience was unforgettable for me . 28.Why did the author volunteer at the nursing home ?【来源：全,品…中&高*考*网】 A．Because people there helped her . B．Because she never went there before . C．Because she wanted to offer help . D．Because the old people there shared stories with her 29.How did the auther feel at first with the residents ? A．DisappointedB．Comfortable .C．ExcitedD．Nervous. 30.What activity did the author and the residents prefer ? A．Jeopardy B．Wheel of FortuneC．Word game D．Playing chess
31.What did the author do for the residents on sunny days ? A．She played the piano.B．She read newspapers. C．She took them to the church .D．She took them outside the room . 32.What is the best title of the passage ? A．A High School ProjectB．Several Interesting Games C．An Unforgettable Experience .D．The Residents in the Nursing Home D
SHEFFIELD LINCOLN COLLEGE OF ENGLISH ? ? ? ? Classes for foreign students at all levels 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and one year course Open all year Small class (maximum 12 students)
? ? ? ?
Library, language laboratory and listening center Accommodation(膳食供应) with selected families 25 minutes from London 【来源：全,品…中&高*考*网】 Course fees for English for one year are ￡ 1, 380 with reduction 减 少 for shorter periods of study.
33.Lincoln College of English _______. A. is at the centre of London B. lies far away from London C. takes in foreign students, from beginners to the advanced D. accepts students only at the beginning of the year 34. While you stay there, _______ will take care of you. A. the school where you study B. the family you have chosen C. your classmates D. your own parents 35. If you go there for a one-term course, you will pay _______ for it. 【来源：全,品…中&高*考 *网】 A.￡1, 380 B. over ￡1, 380 C. much less than ￡1, 380 D. nothing
第二节（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 根据短文内容， 从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。 选项中有两项为多余选项。 Taking good notes is a time-saving skill that will help you to become a better student in several ways___36_____.Second, your notes are excellent materials to refer to when you are studying for a test. Third, note-taking offers variety to your study time and helps you to hold your interest. You will want to take notes during classroom discussions and while reading a textbook or doing research for a report. ___37____Whenever or however you take notes, keep in mind that note-taking is a selective process. _____38__ The following methods may work best for you. ●Read the text quickly to find the main facts and ideas in it. ●Carefully read the text and watch for words that can show main points and supporting facts. ● Write your notes in your own words. ● ___39__
● Note any questions or ideas you may have about what was said or written. As you take notes, you may want to use your own shorthand(速记). When you do, be sure that you understand your symbols(符号) and that you use them all the time. ___40____ A．Use words, not complete sentences. B．There are three practical note-taking methods. C．You must write your notes on separate paper. D．Otherwise, you may not be able to read your notes late E. you will also want to develop your own method for taking notes. F. That means you must first decide what is important enough to include in your notes. G. First, the simple act of writing something down makes it easier for you to understand and remember it.
第三部分：语言知识运用 (共两节, 满分 45 分) 第一节：完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） A friend of mine opened his wife’s underwear drawer and picked up a silk paper wrapped package: “This,” he said, “isn’t any_41__package.” He unwrapped the box and___42____both the silk paper and the box . “She got it___43____we went to New York 8 or 9 years ago. She has___44___put it on. And she was___45__ it for a special occasion(场合)”, he told me. He got near the bed and placed the gift box next to the other___46___ he was taking to the funeral home(殡仪馆); his wife had just died. Then he turned to me and ___47___: “Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a___48__occasion”. I still think those words __49____my life. Now I spend more time with my____50___, and less at work. I”ll wear___51____clothes to go to the supermarket, if I feel like my new clothes. I don’t save my special perfume(香水)for special occasions; I use it ____52__I want to. The words “Some day ...” and “One day ...”___53___gradually from my dictionary. If it’s worth seeing, listening or doing , I want to see, listen or do it now. I don’t know what my friend’s wife would have____54_____if she knew she wouldn’t be there the next morning, and this___55___can tell. I think she might__56__her relatives and closest
friends. She might call old friends to make peace over past___57__. She might go out for a Chinese, maybe her_____58____food. It’s these small things that I would regret(后悔) not doing, if I knew my____59___had come. I would regret it because I would no longer see the relatives and the friends, even the delicious food. Now, I try not to_____60___anything that could bring laughter and joy into my life. And on each morning, I say to myself that this could be a special day. Each day, each hour, each minute, is special. 41.A. particular 42. A. turned 43. A. after 44. A. never 45. A. saving 46. A. clothing B. valuable C. strange B. took out B. when B. often B. making B. books C. stared at C. until C. always C. sparing C. equipment D. ordinary D. looked for D. before D. ever D. taking D. food D. explained
47. A. apologized B. continued C. complained 48. A. private 49. A. showed 50. A. college 51. A. cheap B. public B. stopped B. audience B. fashionable C. special C. followed C. company C. new C. however C. formed C. become D. secret
D. changed D. family D. old D. whether D. appeared D. done D. everybody D. beg
52. A. wherever B. whenever 53. A. disappeared 54. A. worn 55. A. somebody 56. A. leave B. spread B. found
B. anybody C. nobody B. visit
57. A. discussions B. agreements 58. A. fresh 59. A. time 60. A. promise B. favorite B. choice B. accept
C. experiences D. quarrels C. dangerous D. terrible D. luck D. expect
C. chance C. miss
第二节：语法填空。（共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 用正确的词填空 （注： 有提示词的，请写出它们的正确形式；没有的， 请根据上下文的意思， 填写适当的词）
Few people would even think of beginning a new job at the age of 76, __61_ one of America's most famous artists did just that. Anna Mary Robertson, better known as "Grandma Moses", turned to painting __62__ she was too old to work on her farm. Grandma Moses was crazy about painting soon after she picked it up and worked hard at it. She painted__63 (care) and her works were nice .She first painted only to please __64__(she),and then began to sell her works ___65__ a little money. In 1993,a collector, Louis Caldor, happened to see several of Grandma Moses' works __66_ (hang) in a shop. He liked them, __67__ (buy) them at once, and set out to look for _68_(much).Caldor held __69___ show to introduce the works of Grandma Moses to other artists. Grandma Moses, __70__ was world-famous ,died on December 13, 1961,at the age of 101. 第四部分：写作（共两节，满分 35 分） 【来源：全,品…中&高*考*网】 第一节：短文改错（满分 10 分） 文中共有 10 处语言错误，每句中最多有两处，每处错误只涉及一个单词的增加，删 除或修改。 注意：1.每处错误及修改均仅限一词，每句中最多有两处错误； 2.只允许修改 10 处，多者（从第 11 出）不计分。 Last Sunday Mr. White and his wife went to see a film. They arrived home very lately . Mr. White unlocked the front door and they all went into the house. It was very dark so Mrs. White turned on the light. On the way upstairs Mrs. White spoke in a low voice , “Listen! I can hear someone talk in the living room.” They both went downstairs again and stood quiet outside the living room door. “You are right,” Mr. White said.“ There are two man there. They are talking.” Then he call out loudly, “Who is there?” And no one answered. Mr. White opened the door quickly and turned on the light. The room was empty. When they saw radio ,they laughed. The radio was still on! It should have turned off this morning when we left .
第二节：书面表达（满分 25 分） 假如你叫张华，你的朋友 Jenny 来信向你询问如何保持健康.请你给她发一封 e-mail 提出建 议.内容如下： 1. 注意合理饮食 2. 保证充足睡眠 3. 坚持锻炼身体，多参加体育活动
注意： 1. 词数 100 左右 2. 可适当增添细节，以使行文连贯
3. 开头不计入总词数 Dear Jenny: How nice to hear from you! In your letter you asked me how to keep healthy. I would like to give your some advice. _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________ Yours， Zhang Hua
湖南省双峰县第一中学 2015-2016 学年高一下学期第一次月考英语试题答案 一．听力 1-20. CAABC， BAABC, ACACB, BBCCB
二．阅读理解 A.篇：DCCA E 篇：G E F A D 三．完形填空 41-45 DCBAA 46-50 ABCDD 51-55 CBADC 56-60 BDBAC B 篇：B DC C 篇：C D C D C D 篇：CBC
四．语法填空 61．but 62．because/when 63．carefully 68．more 64．herself 69．a 65．for 70．Who
66．Hanging 67．bought 五．短文改错
71. Lately—late 72. all—both 73. talk—talking 74. quiet—quietly 75. man—men 76.call—called 77.And—But 78. radio 前加 the79. turned 前加 been 80. we—they 六．作文： Dear Jenny: How nice to hear from you! In your letter you asked me how to keep healthy. I would like to give your some advice. As you know, food is very important to us teenagers. Since we grow very fast , we need nutritious food very much, such as fresh vegetables, fruits, fish and meat . I think you’d better not eat food with much sugar or fat .And you should get plenty of sleep. It is necessary for you to have at least 8 hours of sleep every day . Also, you should take physical exercise regularly. It will be good for your health. Only in this way can you keep fit . Best wishes ! Yours, Zhang Hua