胡锦涛中美战略与经济对话开幕式致辞 胡锦涛中美战略与经济对话开幕式致辞 努力推动建设 21 世纪积极合作全面的中美关系 ——在第二轮中美战略与经济对话开幕式上的致辞 中华人民共和国主席 胡锦涛 2010 年 5 月 24 日 北京 Endeavor to Build a Positive, Cooperative and Comprehensive China-US Relationship for the 21st Century --Address at the Opening Session of the Second Round of the China-US Strategic and Economic Dialogues by H.E. Hu Jintao, President of the People's Republic of China Beijing, 24 May 2010
克林顿国务卿， 盖特纳财长， 各位来宾， 女士们，先生们，朋友们： Secretary Clinton, Secretary Geithner, Distinguished Guests, Ladies and Gentlemen, Dear Friends,
第二轮中美战略与经济对话今天在北京开幕。首先，我谨对远道而来的美国朋友，表示 热烈的欢迎！ The second round of the China-US Strategic and Economic Dialogues (S&ED) opens in Beijing today. Let me first of all extend a warm welcome to our American friends coming from afar. 本轮对话是在国际政治经济形势出现新变化、 中美关系发展面临新机遇的重要时刻举行 的。推动本轮对话取得积极成果，对我们两国都具有重要意义。希望双方围绕共同关心的全 局性、战略性、长期性问题坦诚交流、深入沟通、增信释疑，推进合作。 The second round of the S&ED takes places at an important moment when new developments are unfolding in the international political and economic landscape and when China and the United States face new opportunities to further the bilateral relationship. It is of great significance for both of our two countries to achieve positive outcomes at this round of dialogues. I hope that through candid and in-depth discussions on overarching, strategic and long-term issues of mutual interest, the two sides will enhance trust and dispel misgivings, and further push forward China-US cooperation. 女士们、先生们！
Ladies and Gentlemen, 一年多以前，我同奥巴马总统在伦敦首次会晤，我们一致同意，共同努力建设 21 世纪 积极合作全面的中美关系，为新时期中美关系的发展确立了目标。这以后，我同奥巴马总统 多次会晤，特别是去年 11 月，奥巴马总统成功访华，双方发表《中美联合声明》，为中美 关系发展提供了政策框架。中美本着同舟共济精神，合作应对历史罕见的国际金融危机，进 行相关宏观经济政策协调， 推动二十国集团领导人金融峰会取得积极成果， 为推动世界经济 复苏作出重要贡献。中美推动双边经贸关系向前发展，加强新能源、清洁能源、节能减排、 提高能效等领域互利合作， 夯实交流合作基础。 中美就重大国际和地区问题保持沟通和协调， 同各方一道推动妥善解决地区热点问题。 中美同各方一道应对日益增多的全球性问题， 为国 际社会应对气候变化、大规模杀伤性武器扩散、重大自然灾害等挑战发挥了积极作用。 Over one year ago, President Obama and I met for the first time in London. We agreed to work together to build a positive, cooperative and comprehensive China-US relationship for the 21st century, setting up the goal for the development of China-US relations in the new era. Since then, President Obama and I have met on many occasions. During President Obama's successful visit to China last November in particular, the two sides issued the China-US Joint Statement, offering a policy framework for the development of our bilateral ties. In a spirit of solidarity, China and the United States have worked together to counter the extremely severe international financial crisis. We have coordinated macroeconomic policies and facilitated efforts to bring about
positive outcomes at the G20 financial summits, making important contribution to world economic recovery. We have furthered our economic and trade ties and stepped up mutually beneficial cooperation in new and clean energy, energy conservation, emissions reduction and energy efficiency enhancement to solidify the foundation of our exchanges. China and the United States have maintained communication and coordination on major regional and international issues. We have worked with other parties to properly address regional hot-spot issues. The two countries have worked with other parties to manage a growing number of global issues and played a positive role in putting up an international response to such challenges as climate change, proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and natural disasters.
Admittedly, China and the United States differ in national conditions, and it is only natural that the two sides may disagree on some issues. What is important is to respect and accommodate each other's core interests and major concerns, appropriately handle the sensitive issues and strengthen the foundation of mutual trust.
女士们、先生们！ Ladies and Gentlemen,
当今世界正处在大发展大变革大调整时期。 世界多极化和经济全球化深入发展， 国际金 融危机影响继续显现，全球性问题突出，国际和地区热点问题此起彼伏。继续推进人类和平 与发展的崇高事业，需要世界各国人民加强合作。中美作为联合国安理会常任理事国，分别 作为世界上最大的发展中国家和最大的发达国家， 无论是在推动世界经济全面复苏和可持续 增长方面，还是在处理地区热点、应对全球性挑战、维护世界和平与安全方面，都面临着共 同课题、肩负着重要责任。中国高度重视发展对美关系，发展长期健康稳定的中美关系，符 合两国人民共同意愿、顺应时代发展潮流，也有利于亚太地区乃至世界和平、稳定、繁荣。 The world is in the midst of major developments, major changes and major adjustments. The trend toward a multi-polar world and economic globalization is gathering momentum, the impact of the international financial crisis continues to be felt, global issues are becoming more pronounced, and regional and international hot-spot issues keep cropping up. To further advance mankind's noble cause of peace and development requires greater cooperation among people of all countries. As permanent members of the UN Security Council and the largest developing country and the largest developed country, China and the United States face common tasks and shoulder important responsibilities ranging from promoting full recovery and sustainable growth of the world
economy to managing regional hot-spots, meeting global challenges and safeguarding world peace and security. China attaches great importance to its relations with the United States. To develop a long-term, sound and steady China-US relationship is a shared desire of our two peoples, accords with the trend of our times and contributes to peace, stability and prosperity in the Asia Pacific region and beyond.
——我们要坚持中美关系的正确方向。无论国际风云如何变幻，无论遇到什么困难、遇 到什么干扰，我们都要从战略高度和长远角度出发，牢牢把握和精心维护共同努力建设 21 世纪积极合作全面的中美关系这一目标，培育战略互信，加强战略合作，妥善处理分歧，促 进两国在双边、地区、全球层面的沟通、协调、合作。
– We need to stick to the right direction of China-US relations. No matter how the international situation may evolve and what difficulties and interferences we may encounter, we should always follow a strategic and long-term perspective and stick to and safeguard the goal of working together to build a positive, cooperative and comprehensive China-US relationship for the 21st century. We should foster strategic mutual trust, strengthen strategic cooperation, appropriately handle differences and step up communication, coordination and cooperation on bilateral, regional and global issues.
——我们要尊重彼此核心利益和重大关切。 主权独立和领土完整是国际关系基本准则赋 予一国的最基本权利。对中国人民而言，没有什么比维护国家主权和领土完整更为重要。相 信经历过南北战争的美国人民，不难理解统一对一个国家多么重要和珍贵。
– We should respect each other's core interests and major concerns. Sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity are a country's most basic rights recognized by the norms governing international relations. To the Chinese people, nothing is more important than safeguarding national sovereignty and territorial integrity. I trust it is not difficult for the American people, who went through the American Civil War in their history, to understand how important and valuable unity is to a nation.
——我们要尊重各国自主选择发展道路的权利。应该承认各国文化传统、社会制度、价 值观念、发展理念等方面的差异，努力推动不同文明和发展模式取长补短、相互促进、共同 发展，不应该以一种模式来衡量丰富多彩的世界。
– We should respect the right of each and every country to independently choose its development path. We should recognize differences in countries' cultural traditions, social systems,
values and development concepts, and encourage different civilizations and development models to learn from and reinforce one another so as to achieve common development. It is not advisable to use one model to measure the diverse and colorful world we live in.
——我们要保持两国高层及各级别密切往来。 充分沟通是促进合作的重要基础。 再先进 的通信技术也取代不了面对面交流。今年 4 月 12 日我同奥巴马总统在华盛顿会晤时，我们 一致同意通过会晤、通话、通信等方式保持密切联系。我们也应该加强战略性对话和磋商， 以加深了解、扩大共识、促进合作。
– We should maintain close interactions at the top and other levels. Full communication is an important basis for enhanced cooperation. Not even the most sophisticated telecommunication technology can replace face-to-face exchanges. In my meeting with President Obama in Washington on 12 April this year, we both agreed to stay in close touch through meetings, phone calls and correspondence. We should also step up strategic dialogues and consultations to deepen understanding, expand common ground and promote cooperation.
——我们要发展互利双赢的合作格局。 中美应该加强宏观经济政策协调， 推动世界经济 持续复苏。中美应该加强经贸、能源、环境、反恐、防扩散、执法、科技、教育、农业、卫 生、质检等方面交流合作，积极拓展民用航空、高速铁路、基础设施建设、空间探索等新的 合作领域，不断为中美关系发展注入新动力，让两国人民切身体会到中美合作成果。
– We should develop a pattern of mutually beneficial and win-win cooperation. China and the United States should step up macroeconomic policy coordination and promote sustained world economic recovery. The two sides should increase exchanges and cooperation in such areas as economy and trade, energy, the environment, counter-terrorism, non-proliferation, law enforcement, science and technology, education, agriculture, health and quality inspection, and actively develop cooperation in such new areas as civil aviation, high-speed railway, infrastructure construction and space exploration. In this way, we will lend fresh impetus to the growth of China-US relations and enable our peoples to reap tangible benefits from China-US cooperation.
——我们要加强地区热点和全球性问题上的协调。 中美应该通过双边渠道和各种多边机 制加强在地区热点问题上的沟通和协调，推进在气候变化、核安全、能源安全、粮食安全、 减灾防灾、打击跨国犯罪、防治重大传染病等全球性问题上的磋商和合作。中美应该同国际 社会一道，推动国际体系朝着更加公正合理的方向发展。
– We should strengthen coordination on regional hot-spot and global issues. China and the
United States should step up communication and coordination on regional hot-spot issues through bilateral channels and multilateral mechanisms. The two sides should increase consultations and cooperation on such global issues as climate change, nuclear security, energy security, food security, disaster reduction and preparedness, fighting trans-national crimes, and prevention and control of serious communicable diseases. China and the United States should work with the rest of the international community to make the international system more just and equitable.
——我们要深化两国人民相互了解和友谊。 人民的相互了解和友谊是国与国关系发展的 永恒动力和广泛基础。中美将建立人文交流机制，相信这一机制将为促进两国文化、科技、 教育等领域交流合作发挥积极作用。 双方应该支持两国青年交往， 为中美关系发展培养后备 力量。双方应该加强两国工商、学术、媒体等各界以及地方交流合作，在两国人民之间架起 宽广的友谊桥梁。
– We should deepen mutual understanding and friendship between our peoples. This provides an enduring driving force and broad foundation for the growth of state-to-state relations. China and the United States will establish a mechanism of people-to-people exchange. I believe this mechanism will contribute to the cultural, scientific, technological and educational exchanges and cooperation between our two countries. The two sides should support youth exchanges so that the cause of China-US relations will be carried forward by the younger generation. We should also scale up exchanges and cooperation between the business, academic and media communities and between local authorities and institutions to build a broad bridge of friendship between our two peoples. 女士们、先生们！ Ladies and Gentlemen,
中华人民共和国成立 60 多年来特别是改革开放以来，中国的面貌发生了举世瞩目的变 化。同时，我们也清醒地认识到，中国仍然是世界上最大的发展中国家，要全面建成惠及十 几亿人口的更高水平的小康社会，进而基本实现现代化、实现全体人民共同富裕，还有很长 的路要走。 中国将继续坚持改革开放， 努力使经济更加发展、 民主更加健全、 科教更加进步、 文化更加繁荣、社会更加和谐、人民生活更加殷实。中国将继续奉行互利共赢的开放战略， 按照通行的国际经贸规则扩大市场准入， 支持完善国际贸易和金融体制、 推进贸易和投资自 由化便利化。中国将加快经济发展方式转变，着力扩大国内需求、增加居民消费，积极推动 对外贸易健康平衡发展，反对各种形式的保护主义。中国将继续按照主动性、可控性、渐进 性原则，稳步推进人民币汇率形成机制改革。中国将继续走和平发展道路，在和平共处五项 原则的基础上同所有国家发展友好合作，不干涉别国内部事务，不把自己的意志强加于人， 同世界各国一道努力，推动建设持久和平，共同繁荣的和谐世界。
Since the founding of the People's Republic of China over 60 years ago and particularly since reform and opening up, earthshaking changes have taken place in China. Yet we are keenly aware that China remains the world's largest developing country. We still have a very long way to go before we can fully build a moderately prosperous society of a higher level that will benefit over one billion people and achieve basic modernization and bring common prosperity to all our people. We will continue to pursue reform and opening up so that our economy will register greater growth, our democracy will be further enhanced, our science and education will make bigger strides, our culture will get more prosperous, our society will become more harmonious and our people's life will be better-off. China will continue to pursue a win-win strategy of opening up. We will expand market access in keeping with established international economic and trading rules, support the improvement of international trading and financial systems and advance trade and investment liberalization and facilitation. China will accelerate the transformation of its economic development pattern. We will make great effort to expand domestic demand and increase household consumption, vigorously promote sound and balanced growth of external trade, and reject protectionism in all manifestations. China will continue to steadily advance the reform of the formation mechanism of the RMB exchange rate under the principle of independent decision-making, controllability and gradual progress. China will remain committed to the path of peaceful development and pursue friendly cooperation with all countries on the basis of the Five Principles of Peaceful Coexistence. We will not interfere in other countries' internal affairs or impose our own will on others. We will work with all other countries to build a harmonious world of enduring peace and common prosperity. 女士们、先生们！ Ladies and Gentlemen, 建设 21 世纪积极合作全面的中美关系，是中美两国和两国人民根本利益所在，也是促 进世界和平与发展的现实需要。让我们共同努力，不断开辟中美关系更为广阔的前景！ To build a positive, cooperative and comprehensive China-US relationship for the 21st century is in the fundamental interest of our two countries and our two peoples. It also meets the need to promote world peace and development. Let us work together to open up even broader prospects for China-US relations.