牛津高中英语 M11U2 Getting a job Reading :Tips for job interview
Revision of Unit 1
1. We submitted our request for financial support to the manager of the company, but we have got no ________(respond) to our appeal for funds until now. 2. One of the requirements of the job is________(fluent) in two or more African languages. 3. The company’s unique________ (manage) style made decision-making slow and inflexible. 4. There is a tendency that many companies select graduate ________(train) to train as managers. 5. Jack tells us about a conversation he overheard recently between two ________ (smart) dressed elderly women on the way to the opera.
6.-Did you sleep well last night? -Not really. It was such a hot night taht I had a cold shower to r___________myself. 7. Susan is a very c_________ dresser-she always looks like she is wearing her mothers' clothes. 8.In addition to the pay, the job includes a company pension scheme and a generous travel a_________. 9. Mom w_______ her finger at me to show her disapproval of the way the matter was handled. 10. A d______ is a certificate that proves that a student has completed a particular course of study or has got an academic degree.
1. We submitted our request for financial support to the manager of the company, but we have got no ________(respond) to our appeal for funds until now. response 2. One of the requirements of the job fluency is________(fluent) in two or more African languages. 3. The company’s unique____________ management (manage) style made decision-making slow and inflexible. 4. There is a tendency that many companies select graduate trainees ________(train) to train as managers. 5. Jack tells us about a conversation he overheard smartly (smart) dressed recently between two ________ elderly women on the way to the opera.
6.-Did you sleep well last night? -Not really. It was such a hot night taht I had a cold shower to r___________myself. efresh
onservative dresser-she always 7. Susan is a very c____________ looks like she is wearing her mothers' clothes.
8.In addition to the pay, the job includes a company pension scheme and a generous travel a_________. llowance 9. Mom w_______ agged her finger at me to show her disapproval of the way the matter was handled.
iplomais a certificate that proves that a student 10. A d______ has completed a particular course of study or has got an academic degree.
? 1.To develop understanding of achieving interview success
? 2.To learn some language points.
? 3. To enhance students' ability to cooperate with each other through group work
How to ensure the success of your job interview?
A quiz (Pre-reading)
1) Before an interview, you should not be late for the interview.
2) You can wear casually smartly for an interview. 3) Before an interview, it is better for you to prepare good answers to the questions which might be asked.
4) During an interview, you should avoid making make eye contact with the interviewers.
5) After an interview, you can send a Thank-you letter to the company, in order to allow you to have advantages over other candidates. T
topic Part 1: ________: (para 1) the ______of the lecture (para 2) Part 2:_________: definition and________ purposes of an interview the_________ (para 3-11) ____for tips Part 3: __________: the interview process Para . _____: before the interview 3-6 Para . 7-10 _____: during the interview 11 Para. ____: after the interview
(para 12) wishes Part 4: _________the author’s_______
Reading strategy Understanding incomplete sentences used for emphasis. 1)In terms of incomplete sentences to denote emphasis, what parts of the sentence are missing? A subject , a predicate or both. 2) Which words does this kind of sentence often begin with? And , or, so, but.
Analyse the following incomplete sentences. 1.Or better yet, do practice interviews with a friend.
2. But don't think that there's nothing else you can do once the interview is over.
information a.Collect ______________about the company before Prepare for possible questions b. _________ the interview confident c. Feel _______________
appearance d. Pay attention to the ________to create a good______________. impression
a.be ___ on time
during b.be ____________and make eye enthusiastic the contact _______ interview b.use____________ body language correctly e.ask questions to show your interest in the job ________
(paras7-10) d.______ carefully listen
after the interview(para.11) follow up by sending in a _________ thank-you letter.
give you the edge over other candidate a gesture of a final chance politeness to sell yourself
Title：Tips for job inter view
Introdu ction of the intervie w
A talk between an employer and a potential 1. .
Interviewer can 2. the interviewee. Job candidates can find 3. _______ more about the job and the interview.
Befor e the inter view Dur ing the Processes inter view
Collect infor mation. Prepare for possible questions. 4. smar tly. Be enthusiastic. Make 5. contact. Use body language. 6. carefully. Show your 7. in your job.
8. Sell your self by sending a the thankyou letter. inter view Follow the 10. given above，and it will be ver y easy for you to land an inter view.
【答案】 1.employee 6.Listen
7.inter est 8 After
1.go for an interview
2.a potential employee
3.be suitable for the position
4.assess the applicant candidates
5.为候选人提供机会(L7) 5.provide an opportunity for the job
6.split the interview process into 6.将面试过程分为三部分(L10)
8. make allowance for…
9. an excuse for being late.
10.shake hands with the interviewer 11.look sb. in the eye 13.make a bond with sb. 16. follow…up
11.直视某人(L38) 12.与某人建立联系(L39) 13.跟进(L49)
14. 给你优于其他人的优势 17. give you the edge over others (L51) 15.找到一份工作 (L53)
18. land a job
? 1. A interviewer is able to tell if you've done your homework about the company, so make sure you have. 做足功课 ? 2. Don't worry about having butterflies in your stomach before the interview. 紧张 ? 3. This allows you to prepare good answers and means you won't have to answer questions off the top of your head during the interview. 不假思索地，脱口而出 ? 4. If you follow the advice I've given you today, landing a job should be as easy as pie. 轻而易举
GROUP WORK 假设你叫李平，你刚刚通过一家公司的面试。你的朋 友发e-mail向你咨询关于面试的技巧，请你给他回封 e-mail介绍你的面试经验。 内容要点： preparations before the interview tips during the interview follow up after the interview