Unit 2 Working the land
非 谓 语 动 词
Playing _______ football _______ is my favorite sport.
Playing fire _______with ___ ____ is dangerous.
Getting up early ______ ___ _____ is a good habit.
Reading _______ is an art.
动词-ing 形式作主语 1. 直接置于句首 (1)Playing tricks on others is something we should never do． 捉弄别人是我们万万不能干的。 (2)Learning new words is very important for me． 学习新单词对我来说非常重要。 (3)Talking is easier than doing.
2.ing短语后置,常出现在一些固定结构中 ： no use
It’s + no good no fun a shame a waste of time/money useless dangerous hardly/scarcely worth worthwhile + doing
There is no + doing...
There is no use doing sth. There is no sense in dong sth.
1) It is no use crying over the spilt milk.
洒掉的牛奶哭也没用。 2) It’s no use/good arguing with her.
3) It is fun playing with children.
4) It’s a shame copying other’s homework.
5) It’s a waste of time waiting here.
6) There’s no point (in) getting angry.
Tom’s coming surprised us. His being careless led to the accident. 用于布告形式的省略结构中。
( =No smoking is allowed (here) ). No parking.
1)动名词作主语，谓语动词用单数。 TIPS Reading books widens our knowledge. 2)动名词的被动式（being done),也可当主语。 Being laughed at is a painful thing. 3) 动名词的否定式，是在doing前加上not. Not working hard will result in failure. 4) 动词不定式和动名词都可以做主语。在意 义上相近。动名词多用来表示泛指或抽象或 习惯性动作；不定式多用来表示特指或某次 具体的动作。 _____(Walking/To walk) is a good form of exercise for both young and old.
The flower needs watering. _______
I enjoy roller skating _______ _______.
S. + vt.+ doing 避免错过 (少) 延期 avoid, miss, delay / postpone 建议完成 (多) 练习 suggest / advise, finish, practise 喜欢想象禁不住 enjoy/appreciate, imagine/fancy, resist/can’t help 承认 否定 (与) 嫉妒 admit , deny, envy 逃脱 冒险 (莫) 原谅 escape, risk , pardon / excuse, forgive 忍受 保持 (不) 在意 stand , keep, mind
look forward to be used to put off give up keep on + doing succeed in devote to object to lead to stick to get down to feel like be busy (with)/(in) have trouble/difficulty/problems (in)
1) She sat there without speaking. 2) I look forward to seeing him again.
3) Are you used to living there alone?
4) When my father heard the news, he couldn’t help laughing. 5) I don’t feel like going to see the film. 6) He was busy preparing his lessons.
某些词后既可加不定式又可加动名词，但意义截 然不同,如： go on to do (做完一件事后)接着做另一件事 go on doing 继续做（原来做的事） After a break, the teacher went on ____ (to give /giving) his lesson remember to do 记着要做 （动作未发生） remember doing 记得做过（动作已发生） I remembered to post the letter. 我要记住把信寄出去。（未寄） I remembered posting/having post the letter. 我记得把信寄出去。 （已寄）
forget to do 忘了去做 （没做） forget doing/having done 忘记以前曾做过 （做过忘了） I forgot to post the letter. 我忘了去寄信。(没寄） I forgot posting/having post the letter. 我忘了曾寄过信了。(寄了，但忘了）
regret to do (say/tell/inform/announce…) 遗憾地… (对将要做的事抱歉) regret doing/having done 后悔做了… (对已经发生的事感到后悔) I regret ______ (say) I can’t come. I regret _______(spend) so much money the on car. mean to do 打算做（主语一般是人） mean doing 意味着（主语一般是物） You really mean _____ (go) Being late means _____ (wait) for another hour.
try to do 设法 /尽力/努力去做 try doing 尝试着去做（看有何结果） Since the front door won’t open, why not try _____ (open) the back door? Try _____ (write) better in your exam. stop to do 停下来做（另一件事） stop doing 停止做（原来做的事） He stopped ____ (say) to his teacher on the way. When the bell rang, we stopped ______ (talk)
can’t help (to) do 不能帮助做 can’t help doing 禁（忍）不住做 I can’t help ______ (cook). I’m too busy. On hearing joke, they couldn’t help _____(laugh). be used to do 被用来做 be used to doing 习惯于/适应于 Wood is used to ____ (make) paper. He has been used to_______ (get) up early.
动词 need, require, want, deserve 表示“需要”时，
即: need/want/require+ doing
=need/want/require+ to be done
The door needs/wants/requires _______(repair)
1. _____ provides us with essential
nutrients (营养), while ______
provides us with oxygen.
A. To eat; breathing
B. Eating; to breathe
C. Eating; breathing
D. Eaten; breathed
2. Have you forgotten ___ 1000 yuan from me last month? Will you please remember ____ it tomorrow? A. borrowing; to bring
B. to borrow; bring
C. borrowed; bringing
D. borrowing; bringing
3. My sister keeps ___ me with my work. A. to help B. help C. helping D. helped 4. We should often practise ___ English with each other. A. to speak B. spoke C. speak D. speaking
5. The story was so funny that we ___. A. couldn’t help laugh
B. can’t but laugh
C. couldn’t help laughing
D. couldn’t help but to laugh
6. Though it sounds a bit too dear, it is worth ______. A. being bought B. buying C. to buy D. buying it 7. He devoted his life to _____ super hybrid rice . A. study B. be studied C. studying D. have studied
8. We are both looking forward to __ next week. A. going on vocation
B. go on vocation
C. be going on vocation
D. have gone on vocation
Do EX. 2-4 on P13