绝密★启用前 高一英语寒假作业 一、单项选择(共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分) 1.He loves his parents deeply, and ________ are very kind to him. A. both of whom B. both of who C. both of them D. whom
2.The number of foreign students attending Chinese univesities ________ rising steadily since 2000. A. is B. are C. have been D. has been
3.________ of the people on the Net ________ China’s economy is among the strongest in the world. A. Four-fifths; believes C. Four-fifths; believe B. Four-fifth; believe D. Four-fifth; believes
4.She has a gift for creating an atmosphere for her students ________ allows them to communicate freely with each other. A. which B. where C. what D. who
5.Joan hasn’t been seen for four days and there is growing _____ for her safety. A. power B. item C. concern D. series
6.It was in the room ________ the old man is living now ________ Tom was born 20 years ago. A. that; that B. where; where C. where; that D. that; where
7.Steel, brick and cement are all necessary building materials _____ . A. with which to build a dam C. building a dam with A. organize well; finished C. well organized; to be finished 9.—Don’t worry, Jim. I can lend you the money. —Thank you very much, Bob. You are always so _____. A. mean B. generous C. peaceful D. active B. which to build a dam with D. to build a dam B. well organized; done D. to be organized well; to be done
8.We should have ourselves _____ if we want to get the work _____ in the given time.
10.Even though she has many ______, I _______ any less. A. faults; don’t fond of her C. errors; don’t like her B. shortcomings; don’t love her D. mistakes, am not fond of her
11.I __________ for Beijing tonight for there is to be an important meeting.
A. am leaving
D. would leave
12.I find __________ interesting to do experiments in the lab. A. this B. it C that D. one
13.I’ll phone you if she __________ this evening. In fact, she didn’t tell me if she __________. A. would come; will come C. comes; would come B. will come, came D. come; came
14.Jack is pleased with __________ you have given him. A. that B. what C. which D. if
15.Luckily we had a map, without ________ we would have got lost. A. which B. it C. that D. what
二、完形填空(共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分) 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 36～50 各题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选出最佳选 项。 Tick, tock, tick, tock. I'm sitting here, watching the movements of my existence pass slowly away. My house has been 16 for such a long time and I'm lonely and forgotten. Sitting 17 and think about my past. I could tell you stories that
here, by myself, all that I can do is only 18
would know. But walls can't speak. ks5u 19 , he was with me for
I came to this place many years ago, along with an old man... only three short years before he passed away.... For a time, I was left alone, while people came and 20
the house.... Then, one day a
nice couple moved in with a young son. From the beginning, their son Danny liked to stay with me, and I was completely 21 with him. He always looked as if he loved the stories I told, I sometimes had
most of which began with "Back in my day..." and "When I was younger..."
the kind of idea that he didn't really understand what I was saying, but it felt good to be 22 .... When Danny went off to college, my heart broke. Soon afterwards, 23 sold
the house.... ks5u New owners came and 24 . Then, one day it so happened that I was in when a new 25 when, unexpectedly, Danny
family was moving into the house. You can't imagine my walked through the front door. He had a 26
and kids now. I was so overjoyed when I
saw him that I put all my
into my daily activities.... I spent the next twenty years
watching his kids grow up, with a mixture of pride and anxiety about what would happen next. The kids finally became 28 and Danny sold the house. That was about five years ago....
Some of the local kids have started the rumor(谣言) that the house is haunted(闹鬼的)---- and, in a way, it is. It is haunted by 29 of all the people who have lived in it. Every second has
impressed me so much. I have been counting them down and they are almost up for me.... I hope that someday somebody will 30 me, and call on me again. Maybe then I'll get a new
home and a chance for a whole new set of memories. 16. A. crowded 17.A. look back 18. A. friends 19. A. Luckily 20. A. looked at 21. A. tired 22. A. loved 23. A. Danny 24. A. settled 25. A. pity 26.A. friend 27.A. energy 28..A. old 29.A. families 30.A. pay B. empty B. enjoy food B. learners B. Happily B. settled in B. friendly B. told B. I B. went B. puzzle B. daughter B. time B. impatient B. furniture B. remember C. painted C. have a dream C. neighbors C. Sadly C. bought in C. taken C. disliked C. his parents C. lived C. surprise C. son C. life C. adults C. houses C. visit D. sold D. chat with friends D. walls D. Surprisingly D. sold out D. fond D. believed D. the old man D. greeted D. sadness D. wife D. ideas D. tired D. memories D. attend
三、阅读理解(共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分) A Summer vacation is just around the corner! It’s time to throw your pencils in the air, your book bags onto the floor and give yourself a break after a year of hard work. How about a movie or two? Teens have picked some hot films that will come out this summer. So get yourself
some popcorn, sit back and enjoy! Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D, July 11
Trevor is a science professor with radical theories and many crazy ideas. While backpacking across Iceland with his nephew Sean, the two explorers find a cave that leads them deep down into the bowels of the planet. There, they discover a fantastic and dangerous lost world. They even meet dinosaurs and many animals that have disappeared from the earth. However, the burst of a volcano causes the temperature to rise. They have to make a bravery escape before the heat and other dangers can beat them. Space Chimps, July 18 Ham III is not an ordinary chimp(黑猩猩). He is the grandson of the first chimpanzee in space. When a NASA probe(探测器) disappears into a galaxy(星系), Ham III is recruited (招募) to help bring back the craft. But Ham is a free-spirited performer who is more interested in having fun than stepping into grandpa’s shoes. But the lazy chimp does become a hero at last. He learns the true meaning of courage as he and his workmates go to a lot of trouble to save the peaceful people of a distant planet from an evil king. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, August 8 Based on Ann Brashares’ best-selling series of novels, four girls------Tibby, Carmen, Bridget and Lena------continue their journey into adulthood that began with The Sisterhod of the Traveling Pants three years ago. Now, these lifelong friends embark on (登上) separate paths for their first year of college and the summer beyond. But they remain in touch by sharing their experiences with each other with honesty and humor. They discover their individual strengths, fears, talents and capacity for love. Through the choices they make, they come to value more than the bond(情谊) they share and the power of their friendship. 31. Where does this passage most probably appear? A. A newspaper. B. A magazine. C. A textbook. D. A story book.
32. What does the underlined words mean? A. Stepping on grandpa’s feet. C. Putting on his grandpa’s shoes. B. Following his grandpa’s way. D. Hiding in his grandpa’s shoes.
33. Which of the following isn’t advised to do in the summer vacation? A. Throwing away the pencils. C. Hard work. 34. Which of the following statements is true? B. Don’t use school bags. D. Seeing a film or two.
A. Journey to the Centre of the Earth 3D will be on show on July 17. B. The Sisterhood of Traveling Pants is on show on August 18. C. All these films have something to do with science. D. It introduces only one hot film in August. 35. What is the best title of this passage? A. Hot Summer Movies B. Summer Vacation B Last week my youngest son and I visited my father at his new home in Tucson, Arizona. He moved there a few years ago, and I was eager to see his new place and meet his friends. My earliest memories of my father are a tall, handsome, successful man devoted to his work and his family, but uncomfortable with his children. As a child I loved him. He seemed unhappy with me if I didn’t got straight A’s and unhappy with my boyfriends if their fathers were not as “successful” as he was. Whenever I went out with him on weekends, I used to try hard to C. Space Chimps D. Sit Back and Enjoy
think out things to say, feeling on guard. On the first day of my visit, we went out with one of my father’s friends for lunch at an outdoor cafe. We walked along that afternoon, did some shopping, ate on the street table, and laughed over my son’s funny facial expressions. Gone was my father’s critical (挑剔的) air and strict rules. Who was this person I knew as my father, who seemed so friendly and interesting to be around? What had held him back before? The next day dad pulled out his childhood pictures and told me quite a few stories about his own childhood. Although our times together became easier over the years, I never felt closer to him at that moment. After so many years, I’m at last seeing another side of my father. And in so doing, I’m delighted with my new friend. My dad, in his new home in Arizona, is back to me from where he was. 36. Why did the author feel bitter(痛苦) about her father as a young adult? A. He was silent most of the time. C. He didn’t love his children. B. He was too proud of himself. D. He expected too much of her.
37. When the author went out with her father on weekends, she would feel ________. A. nervous B. sorry C. tired D. safe
38. What does the author think of her father after her visit to Tucson?
A. More critical. C. Easy-going and friendly.
B. More humorous. D. Strict and hard-working.
39. The underlined words in the last paragraph refer to ________. A. the author’s son C. the friend of the author’s father 40.We can infer from the passage that ________. A. the writer's father used to be strict with her when he was a child B. the writer's father worked hard but cared less for his family C. it was possibly the first time that the writer had visited her father's new home D. as a child, the writer loved her father C 20.Many people influenced various aspects of my life, based on their personal characteristics, accomplishments(成就), and values. I have been fortunate to have had numerous teachers and professors who I respect for their patience and intelligence. There are artists that have inspired me by their natural talents and original creativity. I value many political leaders, who have inspired me by their contributions to society, and their ability to change our futures. But of all the people I have known in my life, the person I admire most is my father. As the youngest girl in my family, I always considered myself to be “Daddy’s little girl”. While I grew up, it always made me sad to see so many of my friends and neighbors without a father or father-like figure around. This helped me appreciate how my father always takes an interest in his children’s lives. In every aspect of my life my father continuously pushes me to excel(优秀), so I could accomplish my work outstandingly among my people. Whenever I feel like giving up, or have a question or a concern, I know I can always call on him for advice. From him I have also learned that sometimes you have to put others’ needs ahead of your own, but you should make sure you are not taken advantage of by others. His strength seems to be unbreakable during hard times, and he is extremely determined to accomplish anything he sets his mind on, no matter how tiny it is. I highly respect him for how he stands up for what he believes in, and will never back down. I have always admired his open mind, compassion for people, and sense of understanding. He is a very reserved(保守的) man, but to everybody’s surprise, he has a great sense of humor, and always knows how to put a smile on the faces of his wife, his children and his B. the author’s father D. the cafe owner
friends. Living in his affection and instruction, I am very proud of my father. He also professes how proud he is of his children, and is still there to support us in whatever we are involved in. 41. What is the best title for the passage? A. How my father loved me B. My father—the person I admire most C. I am the apple on my father’s palm D. My father—the one who influenced me most 42. Which of the following could not be used to describe the author’s father? A. Considerate and humorous C. Knowledgeable and sociable B. Affectionate and open-minded D. Energetic and helpful
43. Which of the following can best explain the underlined word “excel”? A. Do better than others. C. Be cleverer than others. B. Show off. D. Keep healthy
44. According to the underlined part, the father was telling the author to ____. A. try to be good to those who were worth making friends with B. try to take advantage of those who were friendly to her C. think about others and help them, so that she could make them serve her D. think about others and help them, but not to be made use of in a negative way 45. What can we infer about the author? A. She appreciated her father because he solved all the problems for her. B. She considered her father humorous and was often made to laugh by him. C. She had sympathy for the fatherless. D. She was outstanding in work because her father pushed her hard. D February 4, 2012 saw the take-off of a new rising NBA star-Jeremy Lin. Among professional basketball players, Jeremy Lin's background is not typical. He graduated from Harvard University, which sends few players to the NBA, and he is the only Chinese-American NBA player. But when you watch him on the court, there is no doubt that he belongs there. He moves with speed and grace that demonstrate years of faithful practice, which is
fueled by a love for basketball. Lin's enjoyment of basketball actually began in Taiwan. When Lin's father moved to U.S., his interest in the sport only grew and he passed on this love of basketball to his son, introducing him to the game at the age of five. The young Lin spent much of his youth playing basketball for fun. In high school, Lin dreamed of playing in the NBA. When he applied for college, he was not offered a single sports scholarship. However, after his admission to Harvard, he was offered a place on its college basketball team. During Lin's time at Harvard, his basketball career began to speed up. He scored 1,482 points, making him one of the highest scorers in Ivy League history. When he graduated, no professional teams offered Lin a contract, but he was invited to play in the NBA Summer League. He played well and ended up eagerly signing a contract with the Golden State Warriors. At first, playing in professional games filled Lin with excitement. He treasured opportunities to meet players he had been watching on TV for years. But slowly, the excitement wore off and was replaced by anxiety. In a few very difficult months, he was cut by two teams before the New York Knicks picked him up. But he had the courage and determination to stick to his dream, so he put himself into hard training to get ready for his opportunity to come. Then his moment arrived on February 4, 2012， on which his excellent performance made him famous overnight. After that, he led the Knicks to their fifth straight victory. The Associated Press called Lin "the most surprising story in the NBA". Knicks fans developed the nickname for him "Linsanity" (林发疯） . Time magazine released its 2012 list of the 100 "Most Influential People in the World", Jeremy Lin included. No doubt, Lin fever is continuing to spread. If you haven't already caught "Linsanity", get ready. 46. Which of the following elements is of little help in Lin's success? A. his father's influence C. his years of hard work B. his devotion to basketball D. his graduation from Harvard University
47. What does the phrases "wore off" in seventh paragraph probably mean? A. arose B. disappeared C. grew D. remained
48. Which of the following statements is TRUE according to the passage? A. Lin learned to play basketball when he was eight. B. Before Lin there was no Chinese-American NBA players. C. Lin was excited for professional games and did a good job at the beginning. D. Lin is the most outstanding player in NBA. 49. Which is the right order for Lin's life? a He made an excellent performance on Feb,4. b He was fired by the Golden State Warriors. c He was invited to play in the NBA Summer League. d He graduated from Harvard University. e He became famous overnight. A. a, d, c, b, e B. d, b, c, a, a C. d, c, b, a, e D. a, e, d, c, b
50. It can be inferred from the passage that ______. A. NBA prefers graduates from Harvard University. B. Lin got an easy entry into NBA. C. Lin didn't show his basketball talents in Harvard University. D. Lin didn't have a smooth road in NBA. 四、信息匹配（共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分） 请阅读下列应用文和相关信息， 并按照要求匹配信息。 请在答题卡上将对应题号的相应选项 字母涂黑。 A. A car hit a truck. It flew into the air and landed on its side. Petrol was coming from the car and a small fire was burning near the engine. The driver was not moving and there was a bleeding cut on the face. There was also a passenger beside him B. A boy fell through the ice. He disappeared under the water for a moment and then came back up. He screamed for help and waved his hands. He tried to get out of the water, but it was too difficult because he was wearing heavy clothes which were all wet. C. There was smoke everywhere and flames came from some rooms. Many people screamed and ran out of the hotel. But there were still some people who couldn’t get out of the rooms because of the big fire D. A man received an electric shock. There was a bottle of polls next to him. I could not tell if he
was alive E. A man received an electric shock. He was lying on the floor, faintly and palely. He breathed rapidly with a fast but weak heartbeat F. A boy was sitting there and cried loudly. His arm was wounded by the broken glass of the door. It was bleeding badly. He could do nothing but cry with the other hand waving. 阅读下面援助人的口述，然后与上文进行匹配： 51. Zhang Qiang: I tried to get response of the man and then checked if he was breathing. When I found that he was almost unconscious, I used a gentler way to wake him up and placed him in a recovery position and stayed with him 52. Li Hua : I found that he was screaming and holding his legs, because he was in much pain. We put him comfortably on his back and looked at his legs. It looked as if they were broken 53. Xu Xiang: I found that a man was lying on the ground so I pulled him out to a safe place. But I found that he had no breath. Then I tried to start his breathing again, using the mouth to mouth 54. Zhao ling : I kept the patient lying down with the legs higher than the head. Then I raised the lower part of the body on a rolled-up packet. Make him as comfortable as possible, loosening his tight clothing, and comfort him. 55. Fang Nan: I walked slowly towards him and tried to pull him out with the help of others. Then I took off my coat and covered him to keep warm. I found that his arm was bleeding. So I put a handkerchief on the wound. 五、基础写作 (共 1 小题,满分 15 分)
主 对 时 地 程 结 影
题：如何做一名受欢迎的学生 象：全体高一学生 间：上星期三下午 点：学校图书馆 序：实例分析 → 小组讨论 → 老师指导 论：行为端正；学习认真；为人着想；讲礼貌；与别人和睦相处 响：认识了自我, 决心做个受欢迎的学生
[写作内容] 请根据以上信息为你校的英语小报写一篇 100 词左右的英文报道,并包括以下内容： 1. 活动的主题、对象、时间、地点和程序； 2. 如何做受欢迎的学生； 3. 活动产生的影响。 [写作要求] 1.用 100 词左右来表达全部内容； 2.作文中不能出现真实姓名和学校名称。 3.冒号左边的中文不必翻译。 （如：主题，对象，时间…） [评分标准] 句子结构准确,信息内容完整,篇章结构连贯。 [参考词汇] 1. 分析实例：analize some examples 2. 给…指导：give sb. instructions 3. 行为端正：be well behaved 4. 决心做…: sb. be determined to be 5. 受欢迎的： popular 试卷答案 1.C 2.D 3.C 4.A 5.C 6.C 7.A 8.B 9.B 10.B 11.A 12.B 13.C 14.B 15.A 21--25 CACBC 26--30 DACDB 31--35 ABCDA 36--40
16--20 BADCA DACBC
41-45 BCA DC 46-50 DBBCD 51-55DACEB 书面表达 Last Wednesday afternoon, an activity on “how to become a popular student” was held for the students of Senior One in the school library. After analyzing some examples, the students had a discussion in groups and some teachers were invited to give us instructions. Finally, we came to a conclusion that a student should be well-behaved and study hard to become popular. What’s more, popular students are supposed to be thoughtful and polite and get along well with
others as well. As a result, we have learned more about ourselves and everyone is determined to be a popular student….