Unit 2 Getting a job Reading :Tips for job interview success
1. From the title, can you predict what this lecture transcript （演讲稿） is about? 2. If you are supposed to （被要求干某事） give tips for an interviewee, what will you suggest?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
land an interview off the top of one?s head have butterflies in one?s stomach quake with fear body language look sb. in the eye/ make eye contact nod one?s head politeness
1. What is an interview?
2. What is the purpose of an interview? 3. How many parts does the interview process have ?
1. What is an interview?
It is a talk between an employer and a potential (潜在的） employee.
2. What is the purpose of an interview?
? 1)The interviewer can assess （评 估）the interviewee and see if he or she is suitable for the position. ? 2)It also provides an opportunity for the job candidates（候选人） to find out more about the job and the company, and to ask themselves , ?is it right for me??
3. How many parts does the interview process have ? We can split it into three parts: first , preparation second, the interview itself finally, what you should do after the interview.
Task 1 Choose the best answer
1. When you are going for an interview, you should do the following except_______. A. wear smart clothes B. give yourself a good shave C. wearing a pair of shorts and vest to make you look athletic D. Put some styling wax in your hair
2 .According to the writer, which is NOT the reason for writing a thank-you letter to the company? A. It shows that you are polite. B. It gives you a final chance to sell yourself to the company. C. It makes you have a small advantage over the other candidates. D. It can help check your spelling, punctuation and grammar.
3. What does “landing the interview” in the last paragraph mean? A.Conducting an interview.
B.Achieving an success in an interview.
C.Managing to attending an interview.
D.Getting the result of the interview from the company.
Fill in the table. (Write no more than 3 words for each answer. 1._________
Advice on / Tips for / Suggestions for
Job interview success
Definition Introduction 3 _____ 2 _____ of the interview
A talk between an employer and a potential employee. Interviewer can assess the interviewee. Job candidates can find out more about the job and the interview.
Purposes 4. _____
Before the interview
Collect information 6._____ Prepare for possible question. Be dressed smartly. Be on 8._____ time or a little earlier. Be confident. Be enthusiastic Make 9._____ eye contact Use body language. Listen carefully. Show your interest in your job a thankSell yourself by sending 10_____ letter you
During the interview
Conclusion 11._____ /Summary
After the interview
very Follow the advice given above ,and it will be 12._____ easy you to for land an interview.
finish the cloze text
When your application is successful you?re asked to go for 1 an interview. The purpose of the interview is not 2onlyto find the suitable person for the position, but also provides opportunity for job candidates to find out more about the job. Interview process can split to into three parts: 3first, preparation, the key 4 getting the job; second, the interview itself; and finally, what you should do after the interview. Next, think about some questions you might be asked. Don?t worry about having butterflies 5 instomach during the interview. when First impressions are important, so wearing smart clothes6 you?re going for an interview. When you arrive for interview, make sure you are 7on time . During the interview, remember to be enthusiastic. Using body language to express yourself in perfect time. Listen closely and answer carefully. After interview you should follow 8upby writing to the company to express thanks.
Observe the pictures and discuss what wrong things they have done. keep hair neat and tidy
use right body language
be dressed smartly
1. Practice an interview with your partner. 2. Please read the text again, and find the language points.